9 week test of demo system failed in firs 2 weeks live

prior switching to live my test system was altered regardless of 38% roi as risk was far to high 10% altered risk to 3%

live after first week +3.3% roi second week first ever negative -2% roi

biggest observation from transition from demo acc to real acc from ledger are increased volume of trades so think i may be trying to hard possibly forcing trades

still early days so sticking with formula for the moment with a view to re increasing risk if no signs of improvement

although my bankroll is still very much alive and i am aware that my slim losses are certainly thanks to lowered risk level

am i not taking my trade ideas so seriously as i know im risking less

could have just been natural swing 11 weeks is less than a speck in grand theme

did think it would help to write it down but after a few short lines i already feel like im going around in circles

You do not have to worry bro, please be forwarded trading. If necessary, you can go back to demo trading. Live trading is different from the demo, so you can build a better psycho again.

This is just one of the (great) reason why you do not learn or test in a demo account. As far as I am concerned, the only good thing a demo account is good for is to be ignored.

Totally disagree…have been on practice for 8 months and treating it as if I opened with 2000. Watching my risks, margins and realistic take prophets, I feel very close as to how real trading is like. Have been +1100, down 800 and have fought back to within 280 of breakeven. That, feels real. My belief is in how one treats these demo accounts. :o

Na zdrowie,
Tim

9 or 11 weeks is a relatively less time if you are a newbie. You should test your system on a real micro/mini account and at least give it a full three months test.

Agree with this. And also, live micro or mini account are better places to train your trading psychology. and for that, take your time. It might takes few weeks of your time but it’s really worth it.

Never stop learning! Cheers! :slight_smile:

May be you should take this as a part of your learning experience. Bay do way, you are not going to be the first or the last who lost first live account.
What ever you have learned on demo trading is just useless and not be working on a live account.