Demo trading accounting discrepance query (newbie)

So I have this demo account Ive been using to develop my strategy, which is going well.

I was double checking performance when I noticed some discrepancies with the accounting. I am using MT4. The query I have is that (starting with $3000) I make $160.48 overall which should = $3160.48.

This is reduced to $140.48 (so $3140.48) without any clear indication why (highlighted in picture as 2. )

do you know why there are aparent discrepancies ? Perhaps I have missed something else ?

(and why is there a $5.72 swap charge on there ? )

thankyou

Johnny

Accounting discrepancy in a demo account, that was a good one. Thanks for the laugh. You pay swap for overnight positions. There are plenty of articles which cover that, including an explanation of the ‘dreaded’ triple swap.

FWIW, developing a strategy in a demo account is not how successful trading strategies are created. There have been countless new traders who did very well in a demo account and took their ‘tested’ strategy to the market which ended in disaster boosted by false confidence.

You can’t play Monopoly and then expect to make a living in real estate or to practice golf swings in a simulator and expect to make the PGA. Not trying to change your approach as each trader needs to do what they think is right.