15% a month?

Hi guys

First I’s like to say that I am new in the markets and like everyone else I want to have bigger profit so I wondered if it’s possible to accomplish such a goal.

It’s possible. Anything is possible

Sorry forgot to say, many here will tell you it’s unrealistic but I know many people who gained more, even beginners.

Good luck

You also forgot to say that they lost it all the following months, especially beginners.

Yes it is possible and like someone else said, also possible to exceed it. As long as you have perseverance, it can happen. Do prepare to devote 2 to 4 years of learning, practicing and making lots of mistakes. There are ways to accelerate your learning, but there are no shortcuts. Good luck.

Assume you have 10k deposit, 15% a month is 1500$, it’s really a great income even if you trader full-time. But maintain 15% a month is not easy.

Hello Luiz, don’t set any trading goal blindly! You need to know first your capability and your strength! Like, if you make 5% monthly profits in your demo that means, you are capable for 5%! In addition, never expect here any unrealistic profits! I started my live trading with 10% monthly target as this was my demo trading performance! But honestly, everything is possible here for a pro trader!

well if a hedge fund makes 20% profit annually, they call it a SUCCESSFUL one.

And you want to make 15% monthly? Good luck…

I have seen some local mutual funds here in my country only offers around 7 - 9% or maybe lower depending on the interest rates in fixed income products, and 10 - 12 % on risky products like equity products. But i think that many successful traders are making even more than 15 % monthly, it can happens however its an advise to trade safely and don’t put all the eggs in one single bucket.

It is difficult to compare the profits achieved by hedge funds to that of an independent trader. Hedge funds have a stricter set of rules to follow and have a huge position in the market with less risk.

I don’t agree at all.

Neither of us can prove our beliefs, on this subject, but my own guess is that not one successful trader in 1,000 is making 15% per month averaged out over the year.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the figure isn’t even as high as one in [B]10[/B],000. In fact I’d be [I]very[/I] surprised indeed if it is.

The only traders I’ve heard of making that steadily, as a monthly average over the year, are the tiny handful of people interviewed by Jack Schwager in his [I]Market Wizards[/I] books, and only about a quarter of his interviewees at that, and those are true outliers specifically selected, as the books explain, [I][B]because[/B][/I] they’re so exceptional. To attribute that to “many successful traders” seems a [U]very[/U] remarkable and unrealistic perspective, to me.

it depends on someones trading style.

in some trading styles, using leveraged products, you can do 15% per trade aswell. but you have to know what youre doing, so to say.

but thats a completely different story.

you can have 1 very strong and well chosen trade per month that makes you 15% or you can have 15 trades that make you 1%.

even using the 1% rule where you risk only 1% of your capital for each trade shoukd yield you easily 15% if youre a successfull trader.

each trade risks 1% and the reward is 3% (1:3 rr-ratio) and you win 15 trades you loose 15 trades= 15% a month.

finding 30 tradable constellations in 10 pairs everyone is trading should be no big deal. if you trade 1-3 pairs its harder ti find 30 tradeable setups.

15% a month on regular basis is a very great return if you are getting it. But in realistic such a high percentage of return from forex market is very difficult.

I think that for most people that figure is just unrealistic. It’s possible, but is it probable? And is it probable to achieve such success consistently, all year round? I really doubt that.

Its possible you need wait for opportunity , without any monthly expectation , reality is different than the system or strategies may feel it must works , its need to be proven over time , trading is hard enough another side you in derivative market with manipulations
10 , 20 . 30 % ? Possible then You need to prove it , starting capital ? 5 to 10 k at least , you dont want to waste your worthy analyses and Luck making your capital 10 times in a year only were start with 100 or 500

It is possible and it does happen; if you consider that institutional Sell Side traders used to regularly return upwards of 25% per year without using any leverage.

15% per month uncompounded is 180% per annum. The latter is definitely achievable but it becomes more difficult if you want to realize the equivalent returns month in month out on a consistent basis; just like it would be harder to target 0.75% per day every day (assuming 20 trading days per month).

Or to exaggerate: even more difficult still if you were to have an minute by minute profit target.

I’m not sure what stage you are in trading and or your demonstrable talent for whatever approach you take, but yes I would say it’s doable in the long run if you’re not so rigid with you performance marking schedule; if you’re a newbie trader it might just take you a while to get there.

It is possible to earn big using forex if a person follows the principles of Risk Management and Wealth Management…

Earning big one time is one thing, earning big all the time is altogether different. Being consistently that profitable is possible, but hard to achieve. I think that setting smaller goals at first is probably more prudent, and then gradually increasing them if one sees that they can achieve the initial goals.

Most definitely possible. Might take time to get there if you’re new depending on your ability. Most people here will say it’s unrealistic just as most people in society are not successful in their respective endeavors.

It would be easier to achieve if you count your return over a wider horizon 15% per month uncompounded = 180% per annum. Grouping in a narrower time frames makes it harder to achieve - more like a fixed income investment rather than random opportunistic investing.

e.g. if got in the right way on GPUSD during Brexit, that would have given you the equivalent of 15% per month for a couple of years.

Ah. I repeat myself it seems.

In forex business will possible making 15% monthly, but indeed will depending with each trader skill in trading how to understand with market movement, but I think beside target also need understand with also cut loss if likely market not support decision