Is this good?

14 profitable trades @ 93.3% profit
1 losing trade @ 6.67% loss
$120.06 profit on a starting deposit @ $250 almost a 50% increase

Hi bux12,

Are you a newbie ? The above figures are spread over what period ? a month ?

Since when did you start trading ?

The figures seem ok to me… I guess experts will be making much more than this. And is this a live account ?

Thank you

In on itself it’s good. But if those are all your trades the sample is much too small to be able to tell whether that’s something one can achieve consistently or not.

Also depends on if you had a strategy before entering the trades and if they performed as you expected.

That is awesome. If you continue like that you’ll be come a millionaire very fast.

That’s very bad statistic. Starting deposit of $250 produced 50% increase?
I’m assuming you are using very high risk or high lot size to produce 50% increase.
Your account will break very soon if you keep up with that strategy.

According to safe money management strategies, the maximum lot size for account under $500 is 0.01 lot.

its with about 25% on margin and thats in about a 4 hour window. i just watch MACD, PSAR and BB to determine when to get in and out. yes im new.

Over what period of time have these trades been made? Have you traded on demo before that?

Next question is how long time already able making these profit, if only a month maybe still not yet considered as good result, but if you can keep best performance it will good and better also always keep risk management, not always you can making profit all the time.

Its good . Get more experience

I agree - if they can maintain these results consistently over the course of several months then they will be highly successful.

Looks good. Keep up the good work.

yes this is on a live account. those 14 trades are in about a 4 hour time frame. Ive been doing this for only about 3 weeks. All though I have alot of common knowledge when it comes to stocks charts etc. Its all confusing to me. I played a game that used alot of similiar charts with stick candles etc on a real time market in game with changing volumes and prices.
I will add that the following day I misread signs and my $120 profit quickly dropped my account from $336 down to $93. It was an extreme drop in price on eur/usd and I took what appeared to be the right side. So all in all ive lost 2 won 14 and have a negative starting amount now :frowning:

This was entirely predictable from the figures given in your original post, I’m afraid.

Sorry if I sound more critical than helpful (not my intention at all) but you shouldn’t be trading with a cash account without first learning about position-sizing and money-management in detail, and practising them at some length on a demo account.

For your first year or so, [U]you probably shouldn’t ever enter a trade which can cost you more than 1% of your available funds, whatever happens[/U], if it’s a losing trade.

This book will help you a great deal (but only if you read it slowly, carefully and repeatedly and put its contents into practice, otherwise you’ll just be gambling, I’m afraid): [I]Profitability & Systematic Trading[/I], by Michael Harris (Wiley 2007).

[i]Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom[/I] (by Van K. Tharp)

[I]Beyond Technical Analysis[/I] (by Tushar S. Chande)

The above two introductory trading books will also help you far more than information you can easily find on websites, in courses or in forums. Books like these are much less fun and interactive than asking for guidance on forums, and they also offer [B]far[/B] better overall outcomes. When you’re starting off, there’s a big learning-curve. High on the list of the many factors that determine people’s long-term outcome, as viable traders, is the question of “[U]where you decide to get your information from[/U]”. Be careful. Good luck and good wishes.

That is unsurprising, I’m afraid. Don’t start trading with real money until you have learned more theory, systematized your knowledge and you’ve practised at least a few months on a demo account. Otherwise unfortunate mistakes like this will likely continue happening.

I’m just curious what game you played, EVE Online?

GOOD GUESS LOL. Im extremely profitable in eve trading…
Its not a matter of not doing what im doing because I do. People are saying that wasnt surprisble? That I misread an indicator and took the wrong position and it drastically changed im talking 100 pips boom done I got out of the trade. Everybody says to demo demo demo. I say no f**K that because demo and trading are two complete different monsters. I trade with a $250 live account that I am more then willing to lose. mistakes happen but out of 16 trades i lost 6% on one and over 100% in another. Very bad mistake but doesnt mean im an idiot and need to go back to the basics. Raise your hand if you never ever misread a signal and it turned on you? if you can tell me honestly you never misread a signal then I will trade a demo. If not I will practice using a $250 LIVE capitol with my experience in reading charts etc and get the true emotional experience out of it.

as far as money management I scalp thus requiring a larger position then the capitol I have. I only trade in EUR?USD and take about a 25% position on my equity on every trade. It typically yeilds about $25 plus profit on a good trade and about equal on a losing trade sometimes even less if I place stops before I get in the trade if I even think for a chance she may fake out.

Love you guys!

Well, in my opinion it is looking good and I think you are new in this business, your performing is quite satisfactory according to this calculation, you should continue such kind of work and you will be successful trader in near future, so keep continue quality working.