Why is the Yen and Japan so dominant?

Why is the Yen so dominant?

Hi, can anyone explain to me in a paragraph why that is that the Yen and Japan are nearly always strong in the markets, why is Japan so dominant in the world?

What has Japan got that the West hasn’t? American and European people are just as intelligent and innovative. Why is it cheaper to produce goods in Japan and transport them 1000 of miles across the pacific and through the panama canal or across the Indian ocean and through the Suez canal, spending millions on transport ships and marine diesel etc?

What has a Japanese person got the Westerners don’t have? Is it dedication to manufacturing jobs, work ethic, cheaper labour ?

Just wonder why Japan seems so strong and dominant against the dollar often, and why can’t western cultures emulate Japan?

Thanks

It is the Comparative Advantage Japan has in technology, esp automobile and many others, that Japan produces relatively cheaper then other world and holds huge market share in the entire world.

I believe that the opinion that Japan is dominant is just a biased impression. May I remind you that Japan had in the 90’s what they call ‘The lost decade’ , period of time in which their economy didn’t do well at all. And just to give another example, this year it has been discovered that for the last few years all the economical predictions made by Japan’s Central Bank were based on faulty statistic. The economical issues in Asia are similar with the western world, of course, influenced by the geopolitical and cultural factors that are specific to that area of the world, nothing more, nothing less.

Japan is cash rich and they know how to utilize their capital well in the global markets.

Yet still, Japan is a very prevalent player in global markets and the Japanese Yen has influence over the US Dollar; more so than most currencies.