Any suggestions on good resources to learn how investment banks work with FX?

Hello,
I am new at this and still learning. I hope to one day be able to do well in FX on my own. In the mean time one thing I am interested in is how large investment banks (for example Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley) deal with FX on a day to day basis.

For example, from my limited understanding, I know that there is usually a sales desk and a trading desk. I would like to know more about their specific roles and how they differ.

Also, with regards to trading, I saw the term “client facilitation flow” (not sure what that means) and “hedging flow” (would like to learn more on hedging strategies).

So if anyone can point me in the right direction or even give me the 30,000 foot view of how investment banks do FX, that would be great.

Maybe someone here can explain to me a typical day in FX for these investment banks.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Here is a short article by Kathy Lien on the interbank market —

The Foreign Exchange Interbank Market | Investopedia

This post from several years ago contains links to a 2-part article on the daily activities of a trader at a major London bank. The article is long, but I think you will enjoy it —

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/38545-sunday-reading-post252906.html#post252906

Here is a video series in which Anton Kreil talks about his own personal experience at Goldman Sachs, and other banks. He is addressing students who are majoring in finance and are hoping to land glamorous, high-paying jobs at investment banks or hedge funds —

Part 1 — YouTube

Part 2 — YouTube

Part 3 — YouTube

Part 4 — YouTube

Part 5 — YouTube