How did you learn?

I agree with imbest, however, you have to spend lot of hours in front of charts. You need the ability to understand how the markets react and for which reason. Trading in not an easy way of earning money.

At the beginning a friend taught me all I had to know before I began my forex trading adventure. And till date he has been there when I needed him, and then of course forums on forex trading has proved helpful.

My gosh - I found this book incredibly difficult to follow, even at the best of times. However it was interesting

I first started with the Babypips school, watched lots and lots of videos, of course still watching. I am still learning, it takes a lot of time to develop those skills. I feel that I still don’t know so much but step by step I’m getting there. Never give up.
Try to treat your demo account as a live one, it helps a lot with the emotions and fear. Basically I am trying to learn from my mistakes and experience. Only the future will tell…

I get learning through different . MY first guidance was though my friend who tell me about forex then from internet I search many forums for learning. I find baby pips best for learning . My basic learning is due to baby pips that give me precious experience and update for trading.

One of my professors used to say that in class.

Also, a wise trader I have encountered online long time ago said, “everything is available on internet”. And after 10 years of searching, I concur.

I agree. As modern traders we have a quick and easy access to the absolute wealth of information and knowledge the Internet provides us, all we have to do is make a good use of it.

I think it’s true.

In the area of “learning to trade” I think the problem, perhaps, is that [I]too much[/I] is available on the internet; it’s all published with absolutely no quality control at all, and most of it for promotional/marketing purposes, and the people who most [U]need[/U] to be able to distinguish between the small amount of “information” and the masses of “misinformation” are the very people who are actually [U]least[/U] able to.

Hence my comments about “internet information” in post #3 on the first page.

Learning is the main focus in forex trading. It’s a never ending process as some or the other time forex market teaches you something new. Sources for learning can be– video tutorials, reading articles and also Babypips School is a good place for understanding basics. You can also look for the articles by Kathy lien on Investing.com - Stock Market Quotes & Financial News, it gives in depth insight of the price movements in currency market.

I love this question as when i was a beginner trader i found it extremely hard to find Forex education.
If i typed it into google i mostly only found expensive courses and webinars one has to pay money for. (mind you i was typing in ‘‘how to day-trade and such’’)

But i eventually found the following sources (all for free too!)

1. The one thing that helped me the most on getting educated surely is the podcast Two Blokes Trading, the podcast is about two blokes (who knew, right?) starting from the very basics of Forex trading and documenting their journey through out the podcast. Every episode they have well known figures of the Forex industry on to talk about their views and such. Very good stuff!

2. My past broker ETX Capital provides free webinars 4/5 evenings a week in which they start from the basics and work their way up to complete strategies and analysis. This is where i got the basic layout for my current trading strategy.

3. Trading books such as: ‘‘Reminiscences of a stock operator’’ and ‘‘Trading in the zone’’ are a must read that show great insights in trading.

4. ‘‘The Art and Science of Trading’’ is a completely free and massive trading education course. It takes several week to complete and im not going to lie, the guy who made it, Adam H Grimes, used to be a statistical analyst and the material can be very dense at times. But complete this and you surely have a better understanding of trading.

5. Lastly, the obvious one, Babypips.com. What a great time to be alive that a place like this exists on the internet. Not only the community is very helpful but the content and school of pips is great too. Love it!

Hope it helps!

Pipeater

To be honest, my learning process was very challenging, because I didn’t have any trainer! In addition, there was no informed successful Forex trader in my country, so in my early stage of trading, I faced lots of problem! But, I didn’t lose my hope! I needed fully one year to learn technical and news analysis! Popular Forex forums were my main weapon including BabyPips!

I personally trained myself, without any payed courses, read books, tried out trading strategies, etc.

I am self-taught for the most part too. I became interested in Forex trading some years ago, I decided I wanted to learn and I started studying. I’ve been learning ever since.

You’re at the right place if you want to learn because BabyPips is a powerful educational platform where you can find plenty information about Forex market and trading. The best way to learn, though, is trading. Practice on demo accounts first, analyze your mistakes and gain confidence, then you can switch to cent accounts, and eventually you will get there. Just take your time, it’s not like Forex is going anywhere :slight_smile:

I really appreciate your plan, you should take your decision according to your trading performance! In addition, I don’t know any specific mentor name on good Forex education! For the reason that, I learned technical and news analysis from various sources from Forex forums to YouTube videos! In addition I started my live trading with 10% monthly target and now it is around 16%.

I learned a lot from various video lessons as well, on youtube and elsewhere, but I have to say that figuring out which part of this information was actually useful and correct and which part wasn’t was a pretty difficult task.

There are many sources of learning Forex, we should observe market properly and take guide from expert traders as this will help us to minimize the loss. Maximum time should be spent in demo accounts to understand the basics of Forex.

I would recommend skipping the PA and TA part in here. There are so many other ways to trade than what is being offered here. The problem is that most new traders are zoomed in on the technical part of trading too early.
Read and understand Van Tharp’s theories etc is by far the quickest way to get underway with trading. I would also recommend a mentor that obviously know he’s or her’s stuff. If you can find one who is willing to give up time communicating a couple of times a week to hold you accountable for your trading and position sizing, I think that would be a good approach.

Mine was a different story. I went all in with babypips lessons. Problem is that it’s all focused on the entry, and very little on what actually matters, the exit! They say that 95% of traders fail, well one of the reasons is that 95% of all traders looks in the same direction :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I have opened my demo account eight months ago, and till now I am learning and updating my trading skill! I started my learning process through School of Pipsology of BabyPips forum, great experience! There is found advance instructions on technical, fundamental and money management! But initially I missed lots of info there, since I had no background on Forex trading! And now I am an active member of several Forex forums and blogs!

practice, practice, study - demo demo demo - practice and then test yourself with a ‘small’ real trading account.