Why only 1 % or 2 %

As maryjane88 says, it is all about drawdown. For real investors Forex trading is about capital preservation / hedging / and the possibility of a bit of growth. This is why you only risk a small amount per trade. Trading is a game of probabilities and you can easily have 10 losing trades in a row. If you risk 10% of your account you could lose it all very quickly. not cool. But with 1 or 2% the losses are small. The gains are also not great but with a good strategy they can accumulate

1% to 2% is advised to trade because you should keep in mind this amount can bring profit or loss for you . If you risk more than that as 10% you can loose so fast too. One should think both sides of the picture. If one loose even 2% in one trade he will suffer a lot.

That’s really true; institutional Forex traders go for low monthly percentage! Actually they focus on consistent monthly profit, like if a trader makes 2% monthly profit that means, around the year he or she will get 24% yearly profit, it’s not bad yearly feedback actually! On the other hand, institutional Forex traders trade with huge trading equity, so 1% or 2% is really enough for them!

I don’t know where any of this “information” comes from, but it bears absolutely no resemblance at all to any kind of institutional trading that I’ve ever seen. :rolleyes:

I’ll get shot down for this - but making 15% to 20% a month on a retail account is very doable while using controlled risk. The key word there being ‘controlled risk’ - all comes down to your risk appetite…I’m always hungry though

My God, you’ve cracked it!
Well done sir, well done!
I am in awe of your prowess.

Now I realize that your methods to achieve this guaranteed road to financial nirvana must remain a closely guarded secret.

But if you could be so kind as to post your actual, live account trades for September, October, and November 2016. With simply your entry and exit points and percentage of your account used. I am not looking for anything more, nothing from from some other intrusive website.

I understand that you could simply select trades that you never actually made, but I believe you to be a gentleman and a man of honour. Just your word, on your honour, that what you post is the true and accurate trades that you actually made.

Grant me the indulgence of seeing how a superior human, in every way, actually performs this feat.

its funny how every once in a while some wannabe guru comes around has no answares to anything and loves to post useless posts and then starts asking people for account prove.

hmm… mr. truth, you had a big talk about your background and profession. why dont you show some prove before you continue talking endlessly arrogant (without any fundament to be arrogant the way you are) and talking big?

Just let him have his moment…

My goodness, such nasty comments. I can saw with complete candour that I do not make 20% a month, nothing even remotely close.

If you have a specific question, please ask, I may decline to answer, but I shall be respectful to you.

I take it from the response of Mr. Jezzode, that his claim to 20% a month profit is not based on his personal trading history.

Hello Mr. Truth

Please excuse my ignorance, I’m still learning how to trade and also how to fit into society.

Have a wonderful day full of happiness

nasty gets answared with nasty. no questions, no interest, thou thank you for your kind offer.

Truth was not the person making the claim: he was the person (implicitly) questioning it. The burden of proof falls on those [I]making[/I] claims, not on those asking about them. I’m “just saying”. :wink:

This is very true - however I have not claimed to do this, I have simply provided a statement of opinion rather than fact (if it was a fact then I would have to back it up with evidence).

I also said while using ‘controlled risk’ - this could vary from 0.1% to 100% of a bank roll. The term ‘controlled risk’ is down to ones opinion, again not fact :slight_smile:

just saying :59:

my comment was not about the claim. it was rather about an arrogant attitude and demands that are hipocracy itself of asking for prove of statements while himself giving out statements (in other threads, i have to admit) and stories without any prove just aswell. hipocracy.

reread :slight_smile:

anyways. what jezzode said has ground. if professionals can do 25% annually unleveraged then they can do exactly the same leveraged by 1:10 and have their 20% monthly. simple math, just the truth is that those people who can do that are not on this forum and even those that are will not raise their voice in this forum. simply because trading is not a hobby to them, and we are on a hobby website, where people threat serious business as hobby (and occationally very often as gambling) and not on a pro-traders website where people threat serious business as serious business…

Fair enough … sorry, Turbo - I probably shouldn’t have posted (and I do take your other points). :8:

It’s all my fault - Stirring up trouble again, just like the good old days :slight_smile:

if you dont post then theres another new reason to not read this forum. so your posts are more than welcome anytime Lexy :slight_smile:

Are you using your optical device again Vermeer? :slight_smile:

Your trading performances don’t depend of the others.

Suppose a trader with 50 years experience makes 5% / month profit. Other trader with 3 years experience comes and claims he can make 15 - 20% / month. Suppose he can do that. So what? Does that mean that the method of the second trader is better than the one of the first trader? Should the first trader get nervous, cause something is wrong? Should be frustrated that a trader much younger with less experience makes more money than himself?

Let’s say the second trader shows his method to the first trader. Would the first trader be capable to make the same profit as the second trader using it?

You can question people about their performances and their methods to improve your knowledge, maybe you improve your trading, but [B]the only person’s performances you should compare with, is yourself[/B].

[B]Make as much profit as you can, don’t have any limit in your mind.[/B]

Smaller accounts the percentages appear larger and easier, while large and supper large accounts like hedge funds the percentages are smaller but the dollars are bigger due in part to the size of the transaction and leverage.

and like most activities folks tend to platform when the amount becomes comfortable for there risk tolerance and desire to perform.