What type of trader are you and what time frames do you use?

I’m sure they must, on average.

But I’m not so sure their average learning-curve to get there successfully has taken up any less time or even necessarily involved fewer overall hours of screen-time practice.

Ima scalper, Top down analysis, ( Monthly,weekly, daily, 1H) and then work off 1 minute chart.

Strictly GBPUSD,

Generally look to lock in 5 pips, then trail, typically buy dip and sell rallies, depending on trend. Have a great ability to see " rubber band moves", and liquidity accumulation points.

As a scalper, Entry timing is the upmost important factor in being profitable. JMO,

I know, I was strictly referring to traders who are already trained, both scalpers and long-term position ones.

[B]Fundamental trader [/B]means trading during news hours as trader focuses on company specific events to find which stock to buy & when to buy it. To put this viewpoint, consider an imaginary trip to a shopping mall. In a mall, the fundamental analyst would go to each other & would study the market product that was sold, then decide whether to buy it or not.

[B]Noise trader[/B] means style of investing in the market which means decision to buy & sell are made with no use of fundamental data in respect to the company which is issues to the securities which are being bought or sold. The noise traders usually make short term trades with the effort to give profits from different economic trends.

[B]Sentiment traders[/B] usually seek to find & participate in trends. It do not try to guess the market in finding good transaction, instead, they try to find transactions which are moving with the momentum.
[B]
Maker timer [/B]tries to find which way a security will go in order to profit from that particular movement. They usually look to the technical indicators & the economic events in respect to predict the direction. Some investors, specifically in academics, don’t believe that it is possible to precisely predict the direction of market. Others usually are engaged in short term, taking the opposite position.

[B]Arbitrage trader[/B] at the same time, buy & sell assets in an effort to bring profit from price differences of identical or same financial instruments, on different markets or in different forms. The arbitrage usually exists as a result of market influences and offers a method to ensure prices do not change substantially from taking long positions at fair value to make money when it usually works. Like, if a security trades in different exchanges & is less expensive on one exchange, it is usually bought on one at the lower price & sells on the other at higher price.

I am a short time day trader. I prefer 30 minutes time frame, 1 hour time frame and 4 hour time frame. Because I have taken forex trading as a part time trading. Normally I do a job that’s why I prefer to do short time day trading. I also like scalping in the news time. Because in that time price move so fast that I can easily take a trade and close the trade.

How does that work, Gary? I’m also a short-timeframe daytrader, but that’s because I [U]don’t[/U] have another job and am available to sit in front of the computer all day to identify the short daytrades when they arise. Part-time traders who have a job as well are typically trading from daily/end-of-day charts and therefore trading over much [I][U]longer[/U][/I] time-frames … I’m not sure whether you intended it seriously or ironically, but your comments (as with your previous post!) are certainly rather puzzling and apparently back-to-front?!

I am a long-term trend-follower. I use price:200EMA and price:50EMA to confirm trend direction, with price change over last 6, 3 and 1mths to gauge strength. If needed I also check on the weeklies to see how many consecutive weekly bars are unbroken by the 200EMA and how many prior weeks overlap the last completed week. No off-chart indicators at all. Entry on recent momentum hopefully after a minor pull-back.

I was 100% committed to forex until trends started to stall last year with geo-political events, since when I have shifted to about 90% UK stocks. Its not a permanent conversion, its just stocks are easier fish to catch right now.

I am part time trader and I does like to use the scalping and I mostly used M30 & H1 and I am earning fruitful result, I found forex lucrative and interesting business and some time I use the long term trading method and enjoying forex.

I avoid long term trading. Only some times I plan for long term trading , Normally I like to trade with short targets. I am happy what I am gaining from forex market weekly or monthly.

Nice, me too. I’m scalper also… And happy of keeping pips slowly

Long term/swing trader.

I trade the gbp/usd

I trade mostly the daily chart but i use weekly and monthly for levels and the 4 hr for occasional refinement.

Well, my trading system is Price Action, it’s a candle pattern based trading system, I see; the patterns of D1 time frame are much reliable than any other time frame! That’s way, right now I use only one D1 time frame for my live trading, D1 provides me clear direction on market trend, using multiple time frames in a time is very confusing!

using multiple time frames in a time is very confusing!

I agree that multiple timeframes can be confusing, but i’ve found that using higher timeframes can add perspective by giving an indication of longer term trends, conditions, and helps to validate s/r levels. For ex, if a s/r level on a D1 chart happens to also be a major level on the weekly, that helps to validate the significance of the s/r level on the daily

May I ask what indicators do you use?

I wonder how do you trade FX if you’re from the US? CFD’s contracts are probably inaccessible to you…

I am a want to be day trader I use combination of 1m, 5m, 10m,15m,30m,1h and 4h charts occasionally 12h and daily is up as a guidance. If that confused I enter on 1m if the conditions align on higher TFs such as 5m, 10m. And I use 15m 30m, 1h MAs as a resistance and support. I always like to know whats happening on bigger time frames and make my entries on 1m.

I trade the spot fx.

Price action/candle bars along w trend lines, long sma/short ema, and occasionally i’ll use bollinger bands for a 20 sma.

Not a fan of indicators and I use my sma’s/ema’s and bollinger bands for perspective, not for signals.

Usually I like with swing trading, and rarely play as scalping, using daily timeframe to look tendencies movement on weekly and eventually look on H1 and M15 to look current movement and tendencies current trend, still use stop loss as usual

For me H4 is the most comfortable, sometimes try W1, but that’s when I don’t have the time.