How much did you start trading forex with?

Yeah, and the second limitation is lot size, most of the brokers will cap lot size at 30 or 40 lots, maybe more, but certainly not for indefinite size.

I am new and I don’t have any idea regarding. please someone suggest how much should Invest initially.

started with 250$ but if your planning to go with 1000$ is
way more better because lesser the amount greater is the
risk in market.And if you have already practiced
well in demo then without doubt you can start off with that
amount but must remember to have a well managed
strategy.

My recommendation:

1. Study and come up with strategy. Better if you have some experts teach you.
  2. Test with demo account.
  3. Start with 1000 USD.
  4. Then increase to 10000USD after 1 year trading.

I love this plan. I wish it was as easy to achieve that in reality as it sounds in theory.

How much profit did you make in three months from the $100 account!

Same experience here! I also lost my 1st live trading account because of my greed! Then I started again demo trading! In addition, my 1st live trading capital was also 500$.

I would like to start this business with $50k as it is perfect initial amount, I will get the maximum knowledge and skills about this business and will start with only $50k and I believe that I will achieve my profit target with this investment.

Started my 1st live account with $1500 and $1000 the 2nd time.

It took me 3 weeks to blow the 1st and 5 weeks to blow the 2nd.

Trading forex is one of the most difficult and most amazing thing to do. Though due to advancement of trading and injection of huge numbers of brokers in the market it is quite easy to trade or enter the market with a low amount of capital like $10. But i always prefer trading with atleast $500. I entered the market with capital of $30 from which i make money from this market regularly. To be honest, Forex is the only thing i do to make my living.

1 Like

30$ is really challenging trading capital! What is your current trading equity? In addition, how much do you target as your monthly return?

30$ could be just enough for rolling when the trend starts for someone like Mr. Watanabe type trader. Double up and keep trading to reach 1000$ on one day could be not a dream with the exponential way. Just see how people would keep the extra another 30 bucks after the first double up of the money. So, the same amount is kept for the trader for the gambling next time.

You said, you are going to invest 1000 bucks, but you did not mention that you trust your broker who can guarantee safety of your funds. I would like to suggest you at least try their demo account before proceeding with real money. If I were you I go with little amount.

I do not think it is a good idea to deposits 1000 at first stage of forex trading. I think many of us agree with me. I do not know why are you taking this much risk! Try your broker demo trading before deposits big amount. Otherwise you can lose your all money.

I agree because I think a newbie has a 99% chance of blowing that 1st account up sooner rather than later

I deposited $250 to open an account and another $500 dollars for my trading,But that’s not the real case actually for “new” investors. What you have to understand is how much money you are willing to lose on trading.

I also invest $250 first time . I decide to invest this amount after demo trading. But unluckily I had less skill of trading , I loose 40% of my investment in just few days then I go for practice again . This thing save my rest of investment and I was able to grow it.

As a new trader I have started Forex with $200 and within 3 days I almost lost all, I was not greedy, but tried to take revenge from here after losing. Actually it was an emotion, and so many traders fall a great trouble when trading because of this human nature.

I feel $300 is the max for new trader. Plus the 300$ must be the spare money u able to take the loses.don’t use the money to trade if it for family use. Family come first

I invest in standard account $250 as a beginner . It was enough amount for me. Although this amount is low when we see other people invested in forex. I want to get experience of real trading with this amount so that I will not loose a big amount without any experience.

1 Like