Hello,few Q

Hy,
another newbie here.Few Q if smbd can help,I will thank her/him:

1.“Entry was at the close of a candle whichwas at …value” from Cowabunga System daily.How do i know when is a close of a candle?

1. Same system , and these expression:
    “5 EMA applied to the close” -the close of a candle I guess?Same as Q 1?

3.After setting the exit target to a value and if the trend is in my favour how can I let the transaction “open” and close it manually when the trend is changing ?
4. Anybody found a charting software like xstick able to setup alerts ?xtick looks great but expensive for a beginner…

Actually I start looking at marketiva and I wonder if I can translate the graphic trend to the midle of the screen?You know like the ones I see here in forum?

Thanks , I am glad I found a great helpfull community here.

pixter

Hello,

First off, Welcome to Babypips!

The close of the candle is the last price which occured within that candle. The candle can be Hourly Candle, 4HR candle, Daily candle. Based on the timeframe which you monitor.

I assume that you are using MetaTrader, you can know these values by moving your cursor over the candle. It represents to you High, Low, Open, Close prices for the entire session.

So the close of the candle is basically when the session ends. And the session can be anything from 1M timeframe to 1Month timeframe. Click on the desired timeframe from your MetaTrader.

5 EMA close, is simply a moving average, you can add it from Indicators menu. A window will pop up If you want to modify Moving Average settings, you should make sure that Moving Average Type is Exponential and Applied to: Close price.

3.After setting the exit target to a value and if the trend is in my favour how can I let the transaction “open” and close it manually when the trend is changing ?

I do not get this one… could you explain?

Use metatrader, it’s free charting software. but I do not know how to set alerts on it. If you want to set automatic alerts, use VT Trader vtsystems.com charting software.

Hy Topchess ,

And thank you for reply.

I know about the candle -moving the mouse over it can find those values High Low Open Close but how will I know the close is realy the final close for that candle ? waiting to start the next one?

In MA I can modify type ,period and line colour, where can I choose “Applied to: Close price.” ?

Actually I use marketiva but I will try VT .

Thanks again !