Hedging Question

Yes agreed with tommor. And This is what I’m telling u puppy0. Use scilping

Unfortunately, I lost my trading capital for 3 times by applying this complicated trading style! This is way, now I totally avoid hedging trading style in my live trading account! I seem, hedging is not appropriate trading style for the general traders! If you have enough knowledge and experience on hedging, then it’s okay but don’t block your money if you don’t know details about hedging trading!

I’m sorry that u lost your capital 3x… Scalping is the best strategy that was able to help you. If u think it doesn’t work for you. The last option u can do is heart pain n close all the trade and start all over again. But trade wisely. I been thinking of the way how u trade. I nv see the screen shot so I don’t know how u trade. I have a screen shot to show u using my the other micro account. The trading chart is happening right now. Profit have taken already. Total there r 3 trade. No1 n 2 it obviously is a uptrend but I still take the risk to place order cos I want show u 1 of the way how to hv wining pips. The 3rd was the real entry of my hunting the reverse.

The purpose of this thread hedging is useful or not. In order to me, hedging is an investment to reduce the risk of adverse price movements. Practically hedging brings no profit because of your intention. When I open a trade, I always try to support my trade even the trend is going against me. So better to close the trade and open a new one when it seems to be in right trend.

Yes, u hv a point too. But depends on the trader. Every trader trading habits is different

Seem to be in right tread… Means the trader is not confident enough that it is in the right tread… If the the case, my advise is nv go into place any order. In case hv 4 to 5 wrong trade in a row…

By hedging actually we can protect the trading account from a sudden blow up but here we have to keep eye on the spreads because if we keep on hedging, we will keep on decreasing the remaining pips number.

At the moment of typing this message, I am only 40€ left from ‘‘account explosion’’ and a loss of entire balance. At the time when you will read this exact message you (yes you - with full respect to you) are reading, the balance will be most likely entirely lost already. Unable to do any hedging at all, even for 0.01 lots because it says No Money but i shouldn’t open any new trades at all and i am very aware of it. Since all my savings are on trading account, I have no idea what will I do. :mad:

Hedging is of course useful, thats how you limit your risk without taking hard losses at points where you dont want to

You hedging guys really are a brokers dream!
Long may this drivel, errr I mean sensible advice continue.

• memo to self; stick this at the top of the bump list *

SR, ever get your leg pulled?

Market has opened few minutes ago and all my balance is LOST

Thank you anyway to the ones that replied trying to help me. This week I am planning to open the case for the court of justice to start the sue procedure against the broker.

Not my problem if trend went in wrong direction. I had done everything what was required, all possible analysis (definitely not only support/resistance lines, trend-lines but a lot more, even made sure there was no economic calendar news that would ‘‘send’’ the current market price to unwanted direction) and other kind of work need to be done. Will sell my soul on the court of justice to sue broker for all the damage that I am NOT responsible for.

Meanwhile, being unemployed with no income, I am not sure how to resume the life. Its kinda new start for me :mad:

Many lessons to be learned in FX my friend, and many more to come.

Roll with the knocks and stand back up learning the lessons.

Then again, I enjoyed the humor in this thread :wink:

It doesn’t matter how good your technical analysis and understanding of news events - sometimes the market will do the less likely of two possible things, either go up or go down.

When it does this, the market is not wrong, it cannot be wrong, it is what it is. But you haven’t necessarily made any mistakes either - even when you follow your own rules for a good entry, the market can still do the improbable.

Allow for this in your strategy by using a stop-loss. At times when price is likely to skip over a stop-loss, e.g. national elections of a major state, stay in cash.

When considering the news from an economic calendar(s) in either of two possible ways:

• setting position ENTRY Stop order close to the current market price so the trend, driven by news (high impact only) will automatically execute the pending order and start making profit. Opposite Stop order to be manually cancelled. The reason for making two stop orders, one Buy one Sell is because sometimes it can be very complicated to recognize if result of news event, comparing to the forecast, will cause downtrend or uptrend.

• protection to NOT take a position for relevant currency (either base side or right side of a currency pair) on high impact news if in the same day. Reason: high impact news could cause trend to go into the opposite direction comparing to the one where position was already, manually (type of order: ‘‘Market’’ usually, or also ‘‘Limit’’), opened.

do you think there is any way to know that the major change of trend, either intra-day or longer, is caused by the exact event on economic calendar? Preferable to know that in advance. I don’t think so and doubt any indicator exist that would show in real time the CAUSE of change in trend. No idea how such information would even be obtained and where the source of information would be.

This is certainly a valid technique though I don’t seek news event-driven entries specifically, only if the resulting price movement confirms the pre-existing trend plus there’s a pull-back pattern going on coincidentally. But I only ever place an order to get in with the trend, never to take the opposite direction on a reversal.

As a long-term trader I find news events tend to confirm trend much more often than reverse it. There is usually some sign from the market before the event that they expect the trend to continue. No, I can’t see an indicator that could highlight this in advance: if it could I wouldn’t believe it anyway.

Yes I v agreed that I also can’t see an indicator that could highlight this in advance. If hv everyone in the world is millionaire already. Someone in this forum did try to sell their strategy saying their indicators v accurate… I say bull****, Price unpredictable. If your indicator can tell mi right now the price of this individual candle will b up or now I buy it… After tat no reply from him ever since. Tat y for mi I’m hunting for price reverse, I will still avoid the time when news release. I will trade the reverse of that candle until news been release if up I trade down, if down u trade up. Cos within that sec, price will pull back. But have to act fast trade n exit within few seconds of the pull back. Cos incase after pull back, it went up or went down again to continue it tread.

2 Likes

Mmmm 50% agree. Yes to protect a investment. But if there no profit…what the point of invest? Everyone invest is ofcourse want to earn money n same time protect the investment. From my point of view if just to b a better investor I may as well read up some book n read from the net.

Fundamental analysis is quite a complicated thing and here you need to pay attention to the events that can influence it.

U just need to know what kind of event n timing.there r app doing that n inform u advance example before the event happen in 30 min time