When Shall I start demo trading?

I have just finished the Pre-School & KG at the school of pipsology. shall I start now the demo trading or it is better to pass more grades before I start.

[B]301 Moved Permanently :slight_smile:

Before opening your practice account please ensure your knowledge on Mt4 or relevant trading platform that you want to use! In addition, of course you can continue your learning process with your demo practice! Even, you can open your demo with zero level, there is no restriction! But please, never and ever try to make dealing with real money without enough technical and fundamental trading knowledge!

When you think you should do trading first start with demo . Your first step will be learning of forex trading . It will make a concept how this business works. Then demo will trained you how trades are made in market how profit and loss is calculated.

I would suggest you to learn more about the market and then go for demo trading. However, the other way out can be to continue learning along with the practice trading. This is far better way as in this case you can apply the things practically side by side. After gaining sufficient amount of confidence and knowledge, always start with a small real account.

I, personally, learned as I practiced on a demo account after I studied the basic theory behind trading and the basic instructions of the trading platform.

As for me, I learn better on practice. So Ive opened demo-account after learning the most basic things about Forex market and MT4. I think it doesnt realy metter when you try demo. Its free, you risk nothing. Also, it is easier to learn about tech analysis and different indicators, when you can try it. So, Id advise you to to create demo account as soon, as possible :slight_smile:

I think the opposite, I’m sorry to say. :8:

I think many aspiring traders severely limit their value of their demo-exerience by not having understood much theory before they start.

Quite a bit of theory-learning [B]before[/B] practicing at all on a demo account is a really good idea, in my opinion. When people start practicing with a demo account, the ones who benefit most from that experience tend overall to be the ones who’ve done most pre-demo theory-learning. I also suspect that, quite often, the difference between someone who’s had 6 months’ experience of demo-practice and someone who’s had 1 month’s experience of it repeated six times over is that the first person did plenty of theory-learning before practicing on demo at all.

In my opinion, trying to put it into practice as you learn it, however “natural” it may seem, is - in this context - a [B]bad[/B] mistake, and one that very regularly has seriously adverse long-term consequences without people realising the cause.

I think this is part (and maybe often a [I]big[/I] part) of the reason why the failure-rate among aspiring forex traders is so very high. Bear in mind that this is a field of endeavour in which overall success-rates, whoever’s figures you believe, are strikingly low.

“Following the majority view” is therefore [B][U]un[/U][/B]likely to be a recipe for success.

Nobody can learn to be a successful trader without developing some real understanding of the probabilities and statistics involved. They’re counterintuitive subjects, which some people are able to learn more easily than others.

The realities predicate that learning it after or at the same time as experimenting/practising with a demo account is really [I]terribly[/I] difficult for most people. Because it’s so counterintuitive, what tend to get reinforced, that way, are bad habits based on lack of understanding. And once they’ve been reinforced, it’s really difficult to unlearn them.

[B]The theory needs to come [U]first[/U], and the “demo practice” needs to come [U]later[/U]. The plane needs a very long runway, if it’s ever going to get in the air and fly. Trying to fly too early will keep it grounded.[/B] (It’s not a perfect analogy, certainly, but it’s the best I have.)

Of course, you can start right now! But keep it in your mind, learning is a continuous process and there is no ending point of learning! You should acquire new lessons on Forex trading during your demo practice sessions, start from basic then gradually move for advance issues like trading strategy or system! All the best!