How do Full traders get a relationship?

Hi Guys,

I want to know - how do people who trade and only trade - have any relationships - a girlfriend - what do you say you do ? Private investor ? Because a girl would seek stability to be ok to be in a full fledged relationship right - including maybe going all the way ? Where do you meet ? And what do you say you do ?

Thank you

Ha, some girls donā€™t actually care what ā€˜jobā€™ their partner has, I certainly wouldnā€™t want to be in a relationship where this is a foremost concern!

It may be true that a partner would seek stability in your career, but then again why would you go full time in trading if your own results were not stable?

Hey Jezzode,

Thank you for the reply.

It may be true that a partner would seek stability in your career, but then again why would you go full time in trading if your own results were not stable?

On this one, I meant that I would know the results are consistent - but how would you tell someone that this is what you do and it is reliable.

What you say about girls seeking stability is just a cliche (though Iā€™m sure theyā€™re not positively seeking instability). It is the stability of your character that will count with the individual, not the stability of your income.

1 Like

Iā€™d simply say I work for myself and let the lamborghini do the talking :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, no matter what the business, when self employed the mechanics of how you make money always involves risk. I totally understand that to outsiders this too looks more risky than working for an established company, but it is what it is.

Are you talking about money or are you talking about traders having enough time to pay attention to a partner? Because these are two different things.

Are you talking about money or are you talking about traders having enough time to pay attention to a partner? Because these are two different things

Wow- am I reading this correctly?

Are you suggesting a full time trader has no time for a partner and canā€™t be bothered to find the time, either?

My guess is that the main issue being asked about here is the one of whether a potential partner will be concerned about the traderā€™s perceived lack of a stable career and income.

Wife: I want a divorce, I canā€™t take this any more! Most of the time you are just thinking of your car or your fishing!

Husband: No dear! You have got it all totally wrong! Itā€™s all the timeā€¦

[B]The truth about dating traders[/B] :wink:

A few of my favoritesā€¦

ā€œ
[I]There are two types of trader. One is loud, boisterous, and always the centre of attention. Heā€™s your typical cheeky chappy, and most likely originated from Ess ex. If he wasnā€™t on the trading floor, Iā€™m sure he wouldnā€™t be a world apart from the antics of Del Boy, trying to sell you something dodgy out the back of his truck, or hollering at you down the street from his market stall. You will find him on the FX Desk trading high volume with high risk. Just how he likes his women.ā€
[/I]

I know this guy!!! in fact quite many of them!!

I am also ā€œmade in Ess exā€ - thats probably why I emigratedā€¦

Traders come in all shapes and sizes.
Girls come in all shapes and sizes.

Element the reality is you need to get out of the house more, donā€™t focus too much on finding a girl. Rather focus on living a great life and maybe youā€™ll bump into someone?

Heā€™s probably looking for a girl with strappy white stilletos, then? (Some of us do wear them, but donā€™t go out much to meet other traders :8: ).

Interesting, sometimes, the things one can learn about oneā€™s colleagues, just by reading the forum ā€¦ :35:

Unfortunately, he is also often the type that evaluates his beer by quantity rather than quality (as often does his girlfriend). And by the end of the evening, instead of admiring those shoes, he will be trying to walk on them - trouble is he would need two pairs in order to reach the doorā€¦:slight_smile:

During communcation, I think. Is it true?