Does it take time to process buying/selling?

As you can read in the title I, as a newb, wanted to know whether it takes time for transactions to be complete or not.

For example: If I bought on an app with a refresh rate of 30 seconds (btw, what are normal refresh rates?) and I bought let’s say USD/EUR, and I after 30 seconds I’d get 2$ out of Stopping/Covering.
If I proceed to stop because I know it’ll drop immediatley thereafter, does it take time to process?
If I did press stop, would it take like 10 minutes and then the price has already sunken so low I actually [B]loose[/B] money instead of having gained my sweet sweet 2$?

on a modern trading platform with a broadband connection the executions on a market order should be almost immediate.

only exception might be during a major news release, like a Fed rate hike, then you might see a delay of a few seconds,

Okay, with that cleared up, is there a fee on trades? Could I basically buy and stop within a few seconds and get a few dollars at a time?

Yes.

That’s how brokers make a living.

Genuine brokers charge a commission per trade. Counterparty market-makers don’t, but charge instead a “spread”, which is among the [I]many[/I] factors making it terribly difficult to do what you’re asking about.

In theory it’s possible (and indeed there are many professional, institutional traders who do exactly that), but this kind of trading (called “scalping”) is terribly difficult for retail traders to do. No counterparty market-maker will tolerate it for long, if you’re any good at it, because they themselves hold the other side of your trades. A genuine broker doesn’t mind you scalping the market (in fact genuine brokers particularly welcome scalpers, because scalpers generate more commission-income for them) but you’d need deep pockets and a large account, as well as [I][U]a great deal[/U][/I] of expertise, to try that; don’t even think of trying to do it with a “normal forex broker” - it’s about the most surefire way of stacking the deck against yourself that there is.

Some times it take time to process buying or selling process when there is a rush in market. Most of the orders are instant. I must say fair broker do not too a long time for processing . Long processing can change the results because market could change in seconds.

Usually the executions are almost immediately especially if the orders are placed between 9:30 am to 4:00 pm eastern standard time Monday to Friday on NSYE. Internet connection plays a major role and without proper connection there can be delay in the process.