Macro outlook and other info sources?

So as a complete noobie here, I don’t have a real fundamental understanding of how macroeconomics play on the forex. Is there a good primer or news source that will give me some of this info? Like, how does a strong dollar affect the market? And what impacts it? And…other stuff I don’t even know how to bring up.

Also, are there certain blogs (aside from this site) or twitter-ers that are commonly followed for their info and insight? It is a bit overwhelming.

Thanks in advance!

Rather than confusing yourself with various news sources, I suggest you work your way thru the free school here

Hi. Yes it can all be more than a bit overwhelming at first. As Carlos said above, best to work your way through the school to kick things off. Take it step-by-step and it does all begin to click into place after a while. If you’re interested in this side of things, I’d certainly recommend the Piponomics blog on this site. It’s useful, entertaining and easy to digest. Piponomics - Forex Blog: Economic News & Indicators for FX Trading

I also wouldn’t start trawling through different news sources or blogs at this stage. You’ll only find yourself bombarded with (sometimes conflicting) information that is sure to increase that feeling of being overwhelmed.

Market response on news can be very controversial. It often depends on how strong are expectations that something will happen or not. You can notice that market movements are often subject to the rule of “buy on rumors, sell on facts”, because in the time of recession, or unstable economic growth officials tend to exercise caution in their forecasts and data often tends to be frustrating. Just look at the last Fed meeting - they hiked rate, but dollar plunged as markets expected something more from the officials.

I appreciate all the replies. I suppose I should have just been patient, just got to “Where to Find Forex News and Market Data
A quick Yahoogleing”

I’ll take it slow and finish school first!