Demo vs. live - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Demo vs. live

As for me, I`m testing scalping strategy, so slippage is really important for me. But what about traders, who have more long term strategies? Changes in price in some pips doesn`t really metter for them, isn`t it?
    Last edited by AbdulFani; 04-06-2017 at 03:58 AM.

Requotes are possible when broker uses instant execution method and slippages are usual, if there is market execution. Am I right?
    What kind of execution is better for scalpers, how do you thing?

The psychological aspect is certain a factor and a large one at that. Apart from that, on a demo account you always trade under the best possible circumstances, while on a live account there's slippage and requotes which can affect your trading regardless of the type of account you have.

Quote Originally Posted by mlawson71 View Post
    The psychological aspect is certain a factor and a large one at that. Apart from that, on a demo account you always trade under the best possible circumstances, while on a live account there's slippage and requotes which can affect your trading regardless of the type of account you have.
    Might because different server between demo and real, sometime I am hear if on real server account as broker they can intervention to disturb transaction like as we often facing requote or slipage etc

I have seen many of us consider demo trading as dull. But for me not that dull at all, actually it is totally different , live account is the real market and many financial things affected the market , and it is different with demo account which is positioned as the “perfect market “ by the broker that we use, so that is why that market is good for newbie who want to trade as the place to learn only and make theirselves more familiar with the platforms.

in order to me , the best way is for someone to get a demo account and then try Forex trading without the benefit of any training or even reading of the basic of Forex trading, this way , you will get confused a lot and therefore , if you get attracted to the trade, you will search the web and find out and learn about the things which are making you confused.

I used demo account for some months and then, when I became profitable on it, I decided to go live and created cent account. And it is abdolutely different feeling! I trade with small money, but feel so excited and sterssed all the time, that sometimes close orders earlier, just because I`m stressed too much. Hope, it`s a metter of time and I`ll become more calm.
    But I strongly advise you to try micro account after demo and not risk big ammounts of money.

Quote Originally Posted by sadip.tammat View Post
    I trade with small money, but feel so excited and sterssed all the time, that sometimes close orders earlier, just because I`m stressed too much.
    Yes, I know this feeling. This is what we are talking about here, a psychological aspect of live trading.
    Trading on micro account is really good idea, I also use it.

Quote Originally Posted by AbdulFani View Post
    Yes, I know this feeling. This is what we are talking about here, a psychological aspect of live trading.
    Trading on micro account is really good idea, I also use it.
    Me too, still use micro account or cent account, as level beginner this kinds account is safe than standart account because value per pips is only one cent, for learning purposes if can increasing money on micro account hence also will possible money will growth

I have gradually moved away from a cent account, but I still too prefert to trade with small sums and not take any excessive risks. I'd rather profit less and lose less than profit a lot and lose a lot.

Forum Sponsors