Demo vs. live - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Demo vs. live

Demo acc is better to start trading in forex world. You can access all currency and try a profitable method for your trading.

I am not interested to compare demo with live Forex trading; because the purpose of demo trading is, learning and upgrading trading skill, but live trading is for real money making! Demo practicing is the best way of learning! Novice traders need to use their demo account so cautiously thus they can handle their real emotions in their live account!

Yes, its all about psychological aspect! I see, maximum novice traders open their demo with huge virtual trading capital, but they start their live trading with a low capital like 100-500$, but they use standard trading lot size as like their demo trading account! I see, novice traders are more aggressive here! Besides, pro traders are defensive, they use money management rules so carefully!

I Agree with the previous answers. Demo account is a very good idea to learn and practice trading with the real market conditions and no risk. However this idea of virtual money turns out to be a big difference between demo and live account. Traders tend to get more emotional and vengeful when it comes to real money. This aspect of emotional management is missing in demo account. I agree opening a micro account after using demo for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by AbdulFani View Post
    I often hear, that trading on demo account and live can`t be compared. And I don`t really understand why. The priciples of trading are the same. The only difference is that on demo you trde virtual money.
    So, what does the traders mean? Is it about psychological aspect? Because, when you trade real money, you become more nervous. Or there are some other issue?
    There is no denying that Emotions play a big part. But there's another aspect as well - You are less likely to experience slippage and requotes in a Demo account. If you make trades for only a few pips, this can turn a profitable strategy into an unprofitable one.

Quote Originally Posted by scalpingjack View Post
    There is no denying that Emotions play a big part. But there's another aspect as well - You are less likely to experience slippage and requotes in a Demo account. If you make trades for only a few pips, this can turn a profitable strategy into an unprofitable one.
    That is very much true. One should look for a broker that offers live accounts that don't experience - or experience as little slippage and requotes as possible. If you notice that happens a lot when you trade on a live account it's time to switch your broker.

If you have demo account try to trade as if you are trading in real account. Because in this way you going to learn how to manage your funds. Also if you are trading with a big amount in demo. Then I suggest you scalp up also. For example if you have 10,000 dollars virtual money and in real account you only want to deposit 100 dollars then scalp up our lot size by using 1 lot size while in real account you will just going to use .01 lot size.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Siddle View Post
    I am not interested to compare demo with live Forex trading; because the purpose of demo trading is, learning and upgrading trading skill, but live trading is for real money making! Demo practicing is the best way of learning! Novice traders need to use their demo account so cautiously thus they can handle their real emotions in their live account!
    I agree, demo accounts are exclusively meant for learning, gaining experience and to understand the functioning of the market. Traders must prepare themselves psychologically before going from demo to live account and don’t let their emotions to dwell in. And I prefer starting up with a micro account.

Quote Originally Posted by shayaan View Post
    I agree, demo accounts are exclusively meant for learning, gaining experience and to understand the functioning of the market. Traders must prepare themselves psychologically before going from demo to live account and don’t let their emotions to dwell in. And I prefer starting up with a micro account.
    Demo accounts are also a great testing tool, even if one is an experienced trader. One wouldn't try out a brand new strategy on a live account, but can do so safely on a demo account.

Quote Originally Posted by shayaan View Post
    There are certain trader that having preparation on demo practice more than two years, because he won't to fail on real account, and this is better step for beginner than they rush jump to real account but not yet having experience in trading, most of them that in hurry because desired to making quick money they get failure

Forum Sponsors