SmartCharts / Learn to Trade / Greg Secker

Hi all! I’m new to Forex and to this forum. I accidentally bumped across babypips as I was doing some research on Learn to Trade / Greg Secker on Google and have to say it’s a fantastic intiative - great idea!

So I’m posting this to get some insights on SmartCharts / Learn to Trade / Greg Secker from people (preferaby newbies) who have actually tried the software and were rigorous in following the LTT approach.

Initially I found the online Learn to Trade videos and info quite compelling and then came across some posts on babypips that quickly cooled things down!

I totally understand the posts about there being no substitute for learning/research and that there is no ‘short cut’ to being a successful Forex trader. Generally I also get the notion “if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is”. It is also quite expensive and does give me the feeling that they might be preying on vulnerable people desperately looking for get rich quick schemes…

HOWEVER!

There are some fundamentals about the software/approach that would seem to make sense for newbies with little experience insofar as there are many features aimed at minimizing the risk of making the mistakes most newbies make. Of course for the FX experts out there I completely understand that SmartCharts would be more of a hindrance than a benefit and that you can happily operate successfully with it

BUT!

Is there anyone out there who actually started trading using SmartCharts as a complete newbie?
If so what has you experience been like? Would you recommend it?

Please note: I am mainly interested in hearing from people who have given the software a serious and sustained go while following precisely the methods taught on the course.

Many thanks in advance for sharing your experiences and views! :slight_smile:

Sorry to say this, but it looks like complete BS to me.

You’ll learn nothing except that your time and money could have been better spent. I’ve been around the retail trader’s world since 2008, take my advice and spare yourself the disappointment.

2 Likes

You won’t find any genuine reviews because they don’t exist.

You’re desperately hoping your naturally cautious approach & doubts concerning this outfit will be brushed away by one or two positive reviews. They won’t.
These shysters use every trick in the book, including planting shills onto forums & review sites with the sole objective of shepherding naïve rookies into their laps.

Do as you’ve been advised & give them an extremely wide berth.
Nothing good or positive will come from giving pond life like Secker your hard earned.

2 Likes

Yes I agree with speed bump. Don’t wasted your time n effort n money on such useless thing.use the money pimp into your real account. Master your own strategy n start to trade n earn money. Learn price action. U need it every single moment to earn u pips.

May God be with us

1 Like

Hey thanks for all your comments - much appreciated!

Is there anyone out there who has actually tried Smart Charts and applied the LLT method?

If so what has been your experience??

We tested Smart Charts for 3 months! We started with a 10k account and couldnt make it pay on a monthly basis! I am an ex JP Morgan trader stationed at Finsbury Dials… 10yr service on the floor so i know what im talking about! Smarts Charts is clever marketing Nothing More! The Algos work on the Econ Calender - MACD - Intraday Movement’s… you will win trades but your profits will be totally eclipsed by your losses… at best the system gave us 300GBP in a month. Losses were in the 3k mark. Greg is a very clever marketing guru… the courses are all BS that draw you in to trade through specified brokers that rape your account! And line Gregs pockets with millions… think about Risk vs Reward… how do you eliminate the Risk and collect the Reward? Put the risk on others and eliviate yourself of it by them making the trades while you collect their losses… everytime you sign with a broker Greg gets commision… on top of that you pay him more money to show you where your going wrong… see where this is going…:ok_hand:

5 Likes

I’m currently using smartcharts and also doing the course. At the moment, it seems that smartcharts is only beneficial if you are trained to look at it the way you are meant to look at it. If you purchase smartcharts yourself and go with it, don’t think it will work. there are different angles on how you should watch the alerts. The alerts doesn’t always give you a win, they are more of looking for patterns for you instead of going through hundreds of currency pairs yourself manually. Once you get some nice pattern alerts, you will need to look at it again t make sure its the right trade. So in a way it does save you a lot of time.

I also don’t think that forums is the best way to look at positive reviews as the people who are making a lot of money would be out celebrating and enjoying life. They stay away and avoid negative stuff online. I just accidentally came across your words when I was searching up Greg Decker and I was also doing the online baby pip stuff. I felt that I needed to comment as I felt where you were before.

1 Like

And how is your trading going with Smartcharts since February 2018?

When getting advise on Forex trading, make sure the advise comes from a professional trader with experience trading for bank or hedge fund. If you look Greg up on LinkedIn (if you can even find him there) you would most likely find he doesn’t have professional experience. But, look up Bradley Gilbert from Traders4Traders and you will find he is totally genuine.

…and now in 2022… anyone actually using Smartcharts and gregs training? Is it working for you?
(I see Greg is on a serious online advertising drive currently)

There no harm taking information from many sources which you don’t need to pay for .I believe success/failure is about ones psychology and been versatile as market conditions obviously change .

Hi, interested in your testing. A number of victims have contacted solicitors here in tje UK, and in Australia where class actions are being progressed.
I have been investigating Secker and Learn to Trade for over 6 months now (in my private capacity)
I am on LinkedIn if you could make contact so we can discuss. I am a former senior police detective in London and also a qualified Barrister. Also a forex trader of 7 years.
Currently speaking with a number of UK victims.

Thanks

Mark Veljovic

I’ve been going through Greg’s mini-courses on Youtube, and Smartcharts is featured heavily. To be honest, it seems he is using his YouTube channel to sell Smartcharts, and of course it’s his privilege, but seeing that it’s such an incredibly expensive price you pay, I cannot say that it would be worth it.

A person might be better served saving that money for their own trading account.