Best chart for price action trading

Hi All,

New here (first post). I’m new to trading and play the market watching live pricing. Been doing OK. Playing demo account still.

There are so many sites out there with charts so curious of opinions on the best realtime charts to watch for price action.

Currently I use DailyFX and trade at Oanda (there charts suck for this).

Any you guys like that I can check out?

Here is a quote from Al Brooks which I remembered reading a few days ago - it relates to your question rather well. Just in case you don’t know, Al Brooks is an Author of trading books/material and a rather trusted/reliable source.

Here is the quote…

[I]“I have looked at charts going back 100 years and I have traded since 1987. If I remove the labels from the charts, I cannot tell if the chart is from 1910 or 2010, and I cannot tell if the chart is a 5 minute Forex chart or a monthly chart of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.”[/I]

So how does this answer your question, well it doesn’t, and that’s the point to prove here. There are no best charts to watch, there are no best time frames to look at, there is no best time of the day to look at a chart… a chart is always just a chart, it represents the same underlying principle of presenting data on an X-axis against a Y-axis.

I’m talking about live realtime movement for price action. I noticed a couple lag behind DailyFX. But I only checked out around 4 total and have not used any software, just web based.

open a real account then? that’s as live as you’re going to get - quite a simple solution. Even demo accounts provide real time feeds.

I find it highly unlikely that Oanda don’t provide real time feeds as this is their entire business model - like all retail brokers :rolleyes:

Nevermind.

There is no answer with 100% validity anyone can give you for this question.

The price action you use is going to be totally dependant on the chart you use. All work with all time frames.

the thing i would say that matters about the time frame you use, is the targets you set yourself for how many pips to take in a trade.

I have used several different charting software for price feeds in the past. These include eSignal, FXCM, Pepperstone and I currently use Trading View. I have had issues with eSignal with strange gaps and missing candles and FXCM price feed has had some issues in the past. I have since been using Trading View and have had no problems. I have also found Trading View to be the most intuitive for using charting tools and it has an array of charting features I use for technical analysis. Your charts are also saved in a Cloud so you can log into them on anyone’s laptop or computer and your saved chart work will be there available for use. Some chart software providers dont provide this feature.

Thanks for mentioning TradingView…love the charts and site.