What Happened?

Greetings,

Something strange happened to one of my orders. The order hit my SL without even touching it and it also moved the way i wanted to so it should hit my TP instead!It also had nearly 100pips difference!!
Does anyone knows why this happened?

P.S I upload a Screenshot for more information

(I use Fxcm broker and Mt4 for my orders)

Thank you for your time. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

removed by user

Hi Dionisis,

I notice on your chart that the candle you indicated is right at 21:00 which is when rollover occurs. Itโ€™s not uncommon for banks to widen their spreads around this time as they roll positions to the new day. Some shut down completely for a couple of minutes to reset their servers. Thatโ€™s enough time for banks to refresh their systems, apply the appropriate amount of rollover interest to open trades and prepare for the new trading day. The reason they choose this time to do it is because the New York session has ended and itโ€™s still a couple of hours before trading picks up in Tokyo. Itโ€™s a relatively quiet time in the market.

The MT4 platform does not have the option to switch between Bid (Sell) and Ask (Buy) prices unfortunately. It only displays the bid price whereas a stop loss order on a short position is an order to buy and the spread has to be added to get the buy price at that time. The Marketscope charts in our Trading Station platform allows you to switch between buy and sell prices by clicking on the Bid/Ask buttons at the top of the chart so you can view historical spreads. We also have a historical spread tool on our website which you can see 5pm ET (currently 21:00GMT) often sees spread widening due to rollover - Execution Transparency - FXCM UK .

Jason