2 day courses like Learn to Trade, are they worth it?

I’m a newbie. Went to a 2 hour seminar last night with the company, Learn to Trade, owned by Greg Secker, who also had Knowledge to Action.
I handed over £2.4k to get a 2 day Forex training course plus a day on the floor and some ongoing distant training.
Since I’ve found all sorts of reviews from a few who said they were impressed to many that said it was a rip off with issues of being asked to invest addition sums of upto £16k.
We’ve all heard of various nightmare scam stories, whether it be double glazing, kitchen designers or kirby hoovers. Some would say you get what you pay for.
I know what I was told I’m due to get and I know I want to get into Forex but is this the course I should be taking?
Should I cancel the course or should I go ahead?
Is there a better way to get on board as a newbie?

All of the information you are paying for is already available for free in the Babypips school here.

It is also available for free through other online publications; should you take the time to look for it.

All you are paying for in these courses is the pleasure of being spoon fed this information, rather than you looking for it.

For £1,000 I will spoon feed you if you like…

Hi Triplei,

I recommend you to start learning from babypips first since you are a newbie and make some basic knowledge first.
To be honest 2 day forex training course is going to be hell for you if you dont have any basic knowledge.
More over, forex is cannot be learn only in 2 days. what you can learn in 2 days is only basic trading platform vocabulary. which is to be honest still far from what you expected.

This is my experience and i recommend you to learn from my experience, since this is a lot more easier for you. and not spend to much money.
I learn more than 10 courses and spend more than 10,000 USD. and what i get from the is just only 20% of skill that you need to be able to survive in forex market or other trading instrument. the rest 80% i learn by myself with almost draining all my life in the last couple of years ago.

The theory that help me to be able to trade in forex and other market such as stocks and bonds is below:

1. Volume spread analysis (forex is trading, and every trading will have same basic which is Supply and Demand) this theory is to learn read supply and demand.
  2. Elliot wave and pattern (human usualy have pattern that repeated over time, this will help you to analyze and read the market)

Master 2 of them and you be able to read the price chart without worry.
This is my own experience and other people will have other way to learn the market.
Hope useful for you and Good Luck

1 Like

Of course you should do a course, for you as a newbie any information will be useful, the main thing is after going through training not to invest your money anywhere they ask you to)

I am not particularly fond of paid courses. A lot of the information can already be found for free on the Internet, and most of it (and I am sure, for some of those courses, all of it) can be right here in the School of Pipsology.

Its rare to hear from anyone who did a course in day-trading who can a year later say they have made a decent and consistent income from what they paid to learn.

That said, I did a TA course several years ago that was a great base from which to learn to trade. Of course much of the info on TA is available for free on the internet and a lot more can be had in very modestly priced text books. But for some, the condensed and collaborative classroom approach to learning is very convenient and a stronger base to work from.

I have to say the course I took was for a fraction of what Greg Secker charges and there was no upselling of trading accounts, investment opportunities and the like.

1 Like

I would say get your money back ASAP. Years ago when I first started trading I was using EAs and courses and everything! NONE of them worked! In the end its just knowledge I gained from teaching myself from here at babypips between the school and reading the forums and asking questions on the forums, sharing ideas and demo trading to build a trading formula for myself. It will take time and trust me TRUST ME you will fail horribly at first BUT it gets better if you are dedicated. It will not come easy and it will not come fast, it will take MUCH longer than 2 days to learn and become consistent. But if you are dedicated and willing to put the time in you will get the rewards from it that is for sure. Don’t give up and don’t open and fund a live account until you’re consistent for at least 2-3 months I’d say. Demo at first and build a formula, after doing this and having success, go to a live account and PAPER TRADE not LIVE TRADE, just write down your entry and SL and TP etc… and watch the trade play out AS IF you had placed it yourself, if this continues to work for 2-3 months as I said, you can give a go with funding and trading for real. Demo accounts are different than live accounts demos are easier to trade that’s why I say start there with a formula and go to paper trading live. The summer months are coming up they are the hardest to trade because they heavily range and rarely trend so don’t get to discouraged here, October-April are the best months to trade in my opinion. The next best advice I could give is, always try for at least a 2;1 ration meaning your wins equal 2 or more of your losses. So if you win 1 trade and lose 1 trade you’re still in profit. Try to use as little indicators as possible they cloud up the chart, the less the better in my opinion, I only use a 200 Ema for example and that’s it besides support and resistance and trend lines. Just my opinion here doesn’t mean its what you need to do to be successful.

P.S. a placed I did learn a fair amount is forexmentorpro.com its like 40$ a month I think, but the first 2 weeks are free or something, it has great knowledge there, you can give that a try too, they are legit and helped me a lot, but once again you can learn it all free here at babypips! Forexmentorpro i’d say give it the 2 week free trail and see if you like it or not before you actually go buying anything.

I hope this helps!

• Jason
1 Like