Forex trader in family scammed my brother, estimated £100k stolen total. Please help

The reasoning oresented in your previous post was “facebook chats cannot be used as evidence.” full stop. This is incorrect as you have since elaborated. If this 2nd post of yours was correct then yes, that will mean the chats are next to worthless.

Where did I get mad? Maybe you just assume a negative tone in posts which disagree with you? Im guessing youre american, it seems normal to do that there.

I say stolen as the guy promised the world, assured there was no chance of losing it, and is now changing tone to “f you I can do what I like”. I doubt he ever even traded a penny of the funds sent to be honest. To me, it was all just a plan to trick my bro into sending the money, ie theft.

Why would I be ashamed to admit it lol. Assume what you want, youre obviously just going for the personal attack angle now since you dont like it when people disagree with you in conversations. Im sure many people do make up fictional 3rd parties to claim things happen to, but I have no interest or reason in doing so.

Your spelling and grammar are piss poor by the way so Ill take your points with a pinch of salt. Like I said, thanks for your reply, I dont care if I like the answer or not, but when a quick google search tells me what you say isnt true I will say so, like I did. “Facebook chats cannot be used as proof” = false, as you said yourself. Thats all I was saying so get your panties out of the twist theyre in

This is a global forum, for many of the members here English is a 2nd or even 3rd language. However, in the spirit of your post…

*presented
*you’re
*I’ll
*don’t
*that’s
*they’re

To reiterate, I dont need to know the chances of success of suing him, or prosecuting him. I want to know the legalities of what he did with regards to the FCA and fraud by misrepresentation. I want to wave the legal stick at him, not use it. Hes family who needs a kick up the ass, he wouldnt want it to go to court even if he thought he would win, he wouldnt want to spend the money on defense as much as we dont want to spend it on taking him there.

1 Like

lol, one typo, and a lack of apostrophes due to laziness. You got me.

The guy is wrong by the way, its not only when police have the person under “life observation” (surveillance) that your conversations with them can be used as evidence. Ive since checked with several other sources who all agree.

"if i were your cousins lawyer id simply instruct him to say “i never took any money from that person and i never talked about any business with him, neither in real nor on facebook”

If you were his defence you would be a public defender with little interest in breaking the rules to cover this guys ass, he is not a wealthy client who youre going to risk your entire career for. You could be disbarred if it was found you were instructing clients to lie. Oh, and the witness evidence from various sources saying that your client discussed the exact same deals with them in person, on facebook, and on the phone would hurt your clients defense quite a bit. Not sure a jury would buy that…

But like I said, Im just here to know what the legalities are of him operating how he did. Not armchair legal advice about how it would pan out in court, thankyou. Lets keep the personal attacks out of it too, if I plainly disagree with a point and back up my reasons for doing so with facts then by all means explain how you “didnt state the full truth” and elaborate, but keep the attitude dialled down please!

He didnt sign any legal documents no. All solicitation was done via facebook messenger though so there is a record of what was said and promised

The bottom line then is that your brother was naive. And, no, the above will not hold any validity, unless it covers all aspects that make up a contract.

(1) offer; (2) acceptance; (3) consideration; (4) mutuality of obligation; (5) competency and capacity; and, in certain circumstances, (6) a written instrument.

It’s highly unlikely over FB that this would have happened, as i’m sure any sensible person would appreciate.

Stop watching Judge Rinder

Believe me I know he was naive, Im well aware of the risks of forex trading having traded sports and crypto currencies successfully for years, we all know claims of guaranteed profits are pretty much the hallmark of a scam.

It may not hold up as a contract, but was it legal. You can break the law without ever touching a contract.

I dont watch TV court shows, so I wouldnt know who Judge Rinder is.

Also, if you’re concerned that he will continue to do this to others, then you’re first port of call should be the FCA. They have regular updates on scams and hot lists of ‘companies’ to avoid who are not registered by the FCA.

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/search-results?np_category=warnings&start=1

PS, incidentally:

“There’s no reason to believe that Facebook communications cannot form a legally-binding contract, so long as there is an offer, an acceptance, and an exchange or promise of exchange of consideration.”

https://www.quora.com/Can-a-Facebook-conversation-be-considered-a-legal-contract

There [I]was[/I] an offer (guaranteed returns, no chance of losing money, certain amounts by certain dates
There [I]was [/I]acceptance, where he agreed to wire the money
There [I]was [/I]exchange of consideration, funds were sent and confirmed received.

Again, I wouldnt want him to go downt he civil route. Taking this to court is a last resort of last resorts. I believe what he did was criminal and want to threaten him with a criminal case, not pursue a civil one.

I will be calling their helpline on his behalf soon, they will probably know for sure whether he broke any laws. ‘Alex Hope’ was a big case who appears to have done the exact same thing as this cousin, there are also similiar stories in sports trading. Can look-up “The King of Betfair” if interested.

Ignore it. He’s the same with everyone who either picks him up on incorrect information or takes an opposing view.

It’s a common attitude amongst folks from his neck of the woods.

Had a little look at this, ironically he’s no to far away from where I live, in Chester - Cheshire.

On a different note, I find it incredibly difficult to imagine how these types of people can successfully persuade others to invest such large sums of money into them without any valid proof of a track record. Am I going delirious, but surly this is the first question that comes to mind when anyone considers investing in someone else?

you clearly fail in reading. no wonder its so easy to scam you off of 5000 bucks :slight_smile:

no speedy-o. i only get mad at irritating people spreading wrong facts or making people believe in unrealistic stuff.

but please help me remember, what was the reason again that you got so agressive on me?

ah yes i remember, you were trying to spread that people can easily become millionaires with 100$ deposit trading forex.

sorry i didnt agree to this fairytale and that you got upset i pointed out that you are talking bull-poop :slight_smile:

anyways, question asked, question answared. questioner is not capable of reading and understanding text. questioner asked for detailed info. info provided, questioner dennying simple facts. questioner obviously not capable of making decitions based on information.
questioner likes to make decitions based on hopes and believes and what google tells him falsely (that aswell explains why its so easy to get 5000 of his/his brothers naive bank account).

case is settled for me.

conclution: some people just cant be helped or stopped from making stupid decitions. (thank god for such people, otherwise the entire trading industry would not exist)

Nope, wrong person i’m afraid Bogdan, t’wasn’t me. Try again :slight_smile:
Your memory appears to be as flaky as your attitude.

sorry, maybe you just werent important enough for me to remember exactly under what stone i found you :slight_smile:

First establish that your cousin is indeed an unauthorized trader of opm, you can check here:

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Homepage

Also, I know it’s too late, but there is good advice here:

https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/avoid-scams-unauthorised-firms

Oh you remember only too well pal, lol :wink:

Anyway, tone it down a bit Bogdan there’s a good chap. No need to continually crash your toys every time someone pulls you up on a point or two of order or simply doesn’t agree with your view.

Chill out, it’s a bank holiday weekend!

no really, old friend, i dont remember. im trying hard.

im chilled, but it seems you always go 180 when you see my name somewhere. you really do miss me arent you? :slight_smile:

I was defrauded by Alex Hope to the tune of 100k.
Do you have any contact details for him?
I will not let this go ever

Dont know if thats still actual but yes you can sue him using textual proof of contracts (facebook messages proven a business relation between you and him)

he’ll surely be condemn to few years of jail and to give back your money. the problem like said above by one of the posters is that having a lawyer + cost of juridiction is a lot of money to pay.
so you’ll decide either to pay more money in order to sue him or pass to an other thing