Advice needed

hello all,
i only just started trading using demo . i it possible to make hundreds in profits from a 400 investment? if yes, how? so far i am making tiny profits but was just wondering. also, can someone explain to me how leverage woks please? thanks!

Short answer no. You will have to continue making lots of tiny profit. Suffer a big loss here n there. Reinvest and build that capital up. Pay tax. Repeat for years to come. Also learn to use the search button bro. Thats what its for

Here’s an 1h chart of AUDUSD. I use combination of MACD for diversion and MAs. But then of course m trading decision aren’t solely dependent on these indicators they act as a guide. I look at pattern and candlestick for a confirmation. In order to require all of these skill sets including learning how to use your indicators will take you years. Don’t take this lightly I’ve been in the game for 3 years and a half, and I still haven’t mastered the art of trading.

To answer question lets refer back to my chart. See the circled area I would have put my long order right at the end of the bullish candle right below the blue line which is my 1h 100EMA @0.7490 SL @0.7470 [email protected] if I had a 60$ acc trading with 0.05 lot in dollar my SL would be -10$ and if it all goes well TF would be +30$ that’s 1:3 trade not bad. Now the reason why I took TF at 0.7550 that there was a diversion and price was just below the 4h 200EMA see the second attached chart. On a major TF such as 4h one should be cautious trading around these levels.

If you had a 120acc you could have traded with 0.1 lot if that trade went well you would have made 60$ and your loss would have doubled from 10$ as well. On average you would get 3 setups it could be buy or sell. If you got it right on both of those 3 by the end of the week you’d make 180$ not bad considering your 120acc.

As you gain more experience you gradually increase your lot size and start the ball rolling. If I haven’t already made myself clear yes you can make hundreds of dollars even thousands out of your 400acc that is if you know how to trade. I’m assuming you probably can’t and shouldn’t even be asking how much you can make now. Start learning to trade. Its going be a long process and you won’t be making any money anytime.

Hello
making profits is all depends upon your trading strategy and how well do you understand the movements in the market or you can say knowledge about the market. Regarding leverage I would say that – leverage simply multiplies your invested capital by a certain ratio.
Example – if you opt for a leverage of 100x and your invested capital is $100 then your broker would allow you to trade for the amount as big as $10000 i.e. $100 * 100 = $10000.
However, this is just a basic explanation and trading on leverage can be risky also, so opting for optimal leverage is very crucial while forming a trading plan.

Leverage augments your trading both in positive and negative sense, but due to volatility and inexperience traders are prone to learn the dark side of leverage first. That’s why I always advice newbies to keep away from taking high risk using too much borrowing capital in trading.

Your hundreds is referring to 1 month or a year? Like other traders say. If 1 month, it 50/50. Depend on new or experience trader n the strategy too. It not pouring cold water on u. But I can say it no for new trader, it the fact. Cos lack of experience, n Eagle to earn fast money will eventually bust your 400$. It takes years to learn to trade n hv a stable income.

Can be done through two ways:

1: If higher time frame then you need extensive price action and order flow knowledge. Which requires a lot of work and experience.
2: If scalping then requires to be professional or intermediate at least not possible easily without price action skills.

Yes, no matter what. Price action knowledge is v important. Expecally for my own thinking is that Scalping is not possible using indicators. As there b alot of fake signals.

Struth. Alot of ice can be melted and reused as water advice here.

Hi,

We cannot calculate the profit from this number of investments. You have to develop your own strategy and risk management techniques from which you can make consistent profit. Avoid using high leverage.

I agree 100%

Forget trying to project possible profit and focus on capital preservation instead. Just my opinion…

Forex is never a guarantee of how much more you can make or how much u can loose.Getting proper knowledge is the must and doing safe trading must be a priority of the beginner trader.
Leverage:-
It’s basically helping you to borrow a huge sum of money from the broker apart from your own money invested by yourself so that your trading profit gets higher the amount and reap good profit.

Better to remind traders that it augments losses first, cuz its so easy to wipe out account with high leverage, most of the time markets move in a swing mode and its hard to catch a trend.