Trading with binary options, is it possible to earn this way?

Been down this path before. Beating the 3-1 win loss ratio, sharp spikes, spread manipulation. Oh and on the line close counts as a loss. What is it? Its BETTING whether price is going up or down. Its not an asset and the trader DOESNT own the underlying asset.

Do some of you forum posters actually trade binary options? It seems as if every post has a guy that says don’t trade binary options. You can make money using binary options just as people make money trading forex, or stocks. As long as you choose a reputable and regulated broker. Also have a stratgey.

Isnt all markets a losing game that’s why most traders don’t make it? Especially forex.

I can agree with you on this. Short expiries as in 30 secs, 60 seconds and 5 mins are gambling but 1 hour and 1 week expiries? Its different.

You’re determined to keep promoting binary options, aren’t you.
Not a B.O. broker by chance? (Just kidding)

http://forums.babypips.com/binary-options-and-futures/85172-im-going-steal-everything-you-have-post806559.html#post806559

No I’m just here to defend another kind of financial instrument that is highly speculative. At the end of the day, I have put money in and completed a withdrawl with no hassle. But for anyone results may very. Do you even trade binarys? Have you ever traded binarys with a regulated broker?

Defending the indefensible, in my opinion. But i can understand why you would, having seen your youtube channel

? well why shouldn’t he? after all, this is the binary options & futures section.

If the forum admin felt it was counter-productive to include binary options alongside the futures within this section of the forum then they wouldn’t have permitted it.

If people are stupid enough to recklessly commit funds to a broker without conducting the necessary due diligence or partake in something they haven’t researched adequately beforehand, then they deserve everything that’s coming to them. It’s exactly the same process when considering placing funds with any other type of retail broker.

There are strictly regulated firms offering this speculative alternative & also people who use it as part of a high risk diversified offering.

Visualray,
I’m not stopping him promoting it, but equally im not going to stand by and not warn newbies against it.

There’s nothing wrong with the product.
It’s the people who use it that are the problem, & that’s the same issue across all asset classes.

This is what an asset class is, by definition:[I] An asset class is a group of securities that exhibits similar characteristics, behaves similarly in the marketplace [I][B][U]and is subject to the same laws and regulations[/U][/B][/I]. The three main asset classes are equities, or stocks; fixed income, or bonds; and cash equivalents, or money market instruments.[/I]

When did Binary Options EVER have the same regulations as FX Spot, FX Futures, Stocks or Bonds???

And this is EXACTLY how scam brokers are getting away with what they are doing. Fact.

Edit: In the UK for example, Binary Option ‘brokers’ are regulated by the Gambling Commission, not the FCA as IS the case with true financial asset classes.

Times change.

Several countries are actually making binary options [I]illegal[/I], at the moment, and/or have announced their intentions to do so shortly.

And there are reasons for that.

If you believe that you’re either very poorly informed or on the opposite side of the fence to most traders.

I don’t doubt that profits can be turned with such a product (after finding a legitimate provider)- should one know what they are doing in the realm of understanding if the market is simply going ‘up’ or ‘down’ over the expiration date of the binary option in question.

However, what I don’t understand is that [B][U]if[/U][/B] an individual has this level of knowledge and experience then why not trade Spot FX instead - where [B][U]you can[/U][/B] earn multiples of what is paid on Binary Options.

Totally illogical.

Each to their own, I guess.

I couldn’t think of a more perfect place to hang out :slight_smile:

Here is someone actually being practical. Because at the end of the day is their regulation within the United States to trade BO? Yes. This info seems to escape them because they are here in the forum to tell everyone to stay away rather then seek a regulated broker for American traders.

At the end of the day within the United States only 2 brokers are registered to trade BO by the CFTC. I’m guessing that means nothing? Because I can easily find forex brokers that dont have any regulations in certain countries.

There is plenty of reasons why someone might not trade in forex then BO. If you can read candlesticks BO might be easier then spot forex. Because if you are trading hour time frame, you are just using your analysis to predict where the next candle will go or the next 2 candles. This involves me only using 2 to 3 time frames.

Thanks for looking at my youtube channel. btw

As you can see yes I promote BO, but through a regulated broker. Also from my youtube channel I dont offer any schools or sell signals. Most youtubers are trading through demo accounts claiming they are actually trading. All my videos were from a live account and they are just for me and whoever wants to see what im doing and understand. Its more of a Vlog that I can always look at and it makes me happy.

Fair enough - as I said I don’t doubt that profits can be made with BO, at times.

They would not be my choice, but that’s not to say that others may not prefer BOs.

I suppose the main point that many of the forum members here were trying to get at is that with BO it is critical to carry due diligence.