Trading with binary options, is it possible to earn this way? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Ray View Post
    You're determined to keep promoting binary options, aren't you.
    ? well why shouldn't he? after all, this is the binary options & futures section.

    If the forum admin felt it was counter-productive to include binary options alongside the futures within this section of the forum then they wouldn't have permitted it.

    If people are stupid enough to recklessly commit funds to a broker without conducting the necessary due diligence or partake in something they haven't researched adequately beforehand, then they deserve everything that's coming to them. It's exactly the same process when considering placing funds with any other type of retail broker.

    There are strictly regulated firms offering this speculative alternative & also people who use it as part of a high risk diversified offering.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    389
    Visualray,
    I'm not stopping him promoting it, but equally im not going to stand by and not warn newbies against it.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    13
    There's nothing wrong with the product.
    It's the people who use it that are the problem, & that's the same issue across all asset classes.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    2,210
    Quote Originally Posted by visualxray View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the product.
    It's the people who use it that are the problem, & that's the same issue across all asset classes.
    This is what an asset class is, by definition: An asset class is a group of securities that exhibits similar characteristics, behaves similarly in the marketplace and is subject to the same laws and regulations. The three main asset classes are equities, or stocks; fixed income, or bonds; and cash equivalents, or money market instruments.

    When did Binary Options EVER have the same regulations as FX Spot, FX Futures, Stocks or Bonds???

    And this is EXACTLY how scam brokers are getting away with what they are doing. Fact.

    Edit: In the UK for example, Binary Option 'brokers' are regulated by the Gambling Commission, not the FCA as IS the case with true financial asset classes.
    Last edited by Jezzode; 03-19-2017 at 01:38 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by visualxray View Post
    If the forum admin felt it was counter-productive to include binary options alongside the futures within this section of the forum then they wouldn't have permitted it.

    Times change.

    Several countries are actually making binary options illegal, at the moment, and/or have announced their intentions to do so shortly.

    And there are reasons for that.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by visualxray View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the product.
    If you believe that you're either very poorly informed or on the opposite side of the fence to most traders.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    2,210
    I don't doubt that profits can be turned with such a product (after finding a legitimate provider)- should one know what they are doing in the realm of understanding if the market is simply going 'up' or 'down' over the expiration date of the binary option in question.

    However, what I don't understand is that if an individual has this level of knowledge and experience then why not trade Spot FX instead - where you can earn multiples of what is paid on Binary Options.

    Totally illogical.

    Each to their own, I guess.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Ray View Post
    If you believe that you're either very poorly informed or on the opposite side of the fence to most traders.
    I couldn't think of a more perfect place to hang out

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by visualxray View Post
    ? well why shouldn't he? after all, this is the binary options & futures section.

    If the forum admin felt it was counter-productive to include binary options alongside the futures within this section of the forum then they wouldn't have permitted it.

    If people are stupid enough to recklessly commit funds to a broker without conducting the necessary due diligence or partake in something they haven't researched adequately beforehand, then they deserve everything that's coming to them. It's exactly the same process when considering placing funds with any other type of retail broker.

    There are strictly regulated firms offering this speculative alternative & also people who use it as part of a high risk diversified offering.
    Here is someone actually being practical. Because at the end of the day is their regulation within the United States to trade BO? Yes. This info seems to escape them because they are here in the forum to tell everyone to stay away rather then seek a regulated broker for American traders.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzode View Post
    This is what an asset class is, by definition: An asset class is a group of securities that exhibits similar characteristics, behaves similarly in the marketplace and is subject to the same laws and regulations. The three main asset classes are equities, or stocks; fixed income, or bonds; and cash equivalents, or money market instruments.

    When did Binary Options EVER have the same regulations as FX Spot, FX Futures, Stocks or Bonds???

    And this is EXACTLY how scam brokers are getting away with what they are doing. Fact.

    Edit: In the UK for example, Binary Option 'brokers' are regulated by the Gambling Commission, not the FCA as IS the case with true financial asset classes.
    At the end of the day within the United States only 2 brokers are registered to trade BO by the CFTC. I'm guessing that means nothing? Because I can easily find forex brokers that dont have any regulations in certain countries.

Forum Sponsors

Similar Threads

  1. How brokers make money with binary options ?
    By Red Uku in forum Binary Options
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 04-23-2017, 04:42 PM
  2. New To Trading and Binary Options
    By moneymatters2 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 12:32 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 08:40 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 09:11 PM
  5. $500 to $21k in 3 weeks with Binary Options
    By duyk20 in forum Beginner Questions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein