Bitcoin Forex

Can anyone recommend a forex company that takes bitcoin?

Thanks in advance

Well to be honest i do not have any idea about Bit-coin apart from the fact that many are using it as a Electronic currency :smiley:

There are none… Bitcoins are not a recognized currency to fx brokers your going to have more luck on the BC specific exchange sites.

FNIB accepts BitCoin. They also take SwiftCoin. I am just beginning my ‘due-diligence’ about them, at this point… I also find the idea of arbitrage with BitCoin, intriguing.

Some bit coin exchanges

Where to trade bitcoin | Forex Wise Guy

just go onto mt gox, and buy bit coins directly instead of using a broker… bit coin though looks like a very promising investment… just last month, 1 bitcoin was worth £20… today its £51 … buy 10k worth of bitcoin last month, you’d be be up 150% !! its ridiculous

I have never come across a broker who used bitcoin.

To clarify sorry.

I want to cash in and out using bitcoin, not actually trade bitcoin USD or anything.

@leon1 Don’t get too carried away, bitcoin has had substantial increases lately, however they also went from $30 to $2 in 2011.

@sunland, FNIB look pretty sketchy, I put money in then took it straight back out. Swiftcoin is backed by nobody, you may as well be trading in plastic tokens.

Thanks for the replies.

I have never came across a broker who uses bitcoin, but if you find one feel free to share.

There are 2 that I know of, but was hoping for one with more credibility and a better reputation.

FNIB do, but on closer inspection they look a lot like fly by nighters, i put btc in there and took it straight back out.
bit4x also do, they look a lot better but also some misrepresentation about their status and size, very little information where they are registered.

Interesting that there are forex brokers who do use it.

That’s the “risk” you take they are unregulated and unverified so they could close shop overnight and the NFA or CFTC is going to say lemme get this straight your calling because you put your Tier 100 WOW gear in this company and they disappeared?

Decentralized, unregulated, no insurance or protection. Unless your the one cashing your BC’s out I really see no advantage in opening an account unless your just washing some of your BC’s to real money. But hey were not going to stop you were just saying do it intelligently and protect yourself… Remember that Bitcoin bank that got hit and the guy made off with 100k?

bitcoin just broke 100 USD today. is it a buy and hold investment as opposed to something to trade?

It’s been hotly debated since the last bitcoin crash.
Most people hoard their bitcoins, I really don’t know if there are any experts out there that could tell you what it’s going to do next.

If you decide to buy btc you need to be either tech savvy, or just leave them at mtgox.

The small amount that I have I am going to hold onto, just in case this demand doesn’t stop.

Liteforex also accept it for deposit and withdraw.

The btc is going up because fear on cyprus and spain. Some people are feeling that their money in banks could be frozen “to save the banks” or another reason that the government decides.

I personally think on it as a saving account that is immune to inflation and stupid government desires.

I do not trade it, but use it as money to buy things and accept it as a payment.

Is it just me or does this remotely remind anyone of Zeek Rewards?

I think with all the recent media attention its a matter of time before the big brokers start allowing people to trade it. Maybe it would be structured like a CFD.

I think CFD is a good way, because the broker don’t have to have the asset, but only follow the price; what I don’t know is a broker is going to risk themself allowing a long term buy on CFDs of something that acts like a commodity and is in fast expansion.

And another problem, what quote source does the broker are going to use? mtgox? btc-e? vircurex? bitstamp? another? a weighed average? That is a problem, because there is no single source of quotes.

Until the price spread become narrow enough to not allow arbitrage I think it could be a big problem the issue of the quotes.

doesn’t arbitrage act as a mechanism to narrow the spread between brokers? I’ve been doing a little reading and it appears to be impossible to take advantage different prices because of the limited withdrawal options available.

The 2 brokers I have found with significant price differences from MTGox are bitfloor and btc china

Yes, you are right. Arbitrage is necessary to lower the spreads. We need lower spreads to be able to have CFDs of bitcoins.