Why I just invested 100k in Ethereum

Ethereum has no doubt made a significant improvement against the bitcoin which is a good initiative I guess but I think that ETH still have a long way to compete with this BTC.

It Does and i would not recommend buying it with already such a high price spike.

As Professional Forex and Cryptocurrency Trader I would recommend for Conservative Traders to mine Ethereum verses trading it or even buying it. Today it has hit the $20 high up 7$ from last week.

By mining you are locking in early potential profits and are hedging against future gains. I have several videos on this strategy that I teach. If you were to buy Ethereum with an investment of $555 at today’s prices you would purchase 27.25 Ether coins. Whereas if you were to mine Ethereum it with a 15 MH you would receive somewhere upwards towards 49 Ether coin more or less by the end of your contact.

27.75 Ethereum coins are worth: $555 today. Whereas if you mined Ethereum you get somewhere lets say 40 coins by the end of your contract. Your 40 Ethereum coins would be worth $800 at today’s price, not even considering future gains. Giving you a profit of 12.25 coins for the same investment of $555. You can find me on youtube explaining this concept in much greater detail.

The question remains where you’re going to get the best bang for you investment with Ethereum? I personally believe it is in mining verses trading or buying directly. Do your research and find out for yourself.

Have a magnificent day on PURPOSE!
FXALTareeq

1 Like

I did mined ETH with AMD-280 few months ago and at that time i got 4.9 ETH after 25 days, but these are still no where as the pool support said that they send them at the given address and my geth-wallet shows zero balance. So i left it and focused more on bitcoin and trading forex and binary options which is also legit businesses available online.

Ethereum will soon be moving to Proof of Stake. Estimated time frame is around Q1 2017 or sooner. When this happens you will NOT be able to mine Ether. There are Cloud mining companies that allow you to mine Ether and when the switch happens you will be able to mine other Altcoins with your existing contract. I’ll continue to mine Ether until this happens and just store the mined Ether for long term investment.

Apparently there’s also quite a bit of arbitrage opportunity between the different exchanges. Check out this blog:
Trading Ethereum: Making 10% every 20 minutes - Jon.IO

Did anyone have any idea about this new currency named ethereum classic (ETC), is it any extension of ethereum or a similar version using this coin name.

If you would have followed my advise you would have abut 300-400k by now. Just sayin :wink:

ETC is what left after fork due to DAO hacker split. Ignore. It is useless.

I thought about using a cloud miner to farm ETH for me. I have done so with BTC and I am really close to actually making a full ROI thus far.

Bitcoin is being highly debated at the moment. Just do a search for “bitcoin fork”, plenty to read.

Ether/Ethereum is B2B, and not so much consumer focused like Bitcoin. It’s price has been on a tear recently with all of the debate going on in the Bitcoin community, something like 300% in the last month. Definitely interesting times between the two.

Kurte,

You must be a 100 millionaire now. What are you doing with all of your time these days?

Hello Kurte,
SEC sentenced ShapeShift news on reviewing cryptocurrency listings. Find out details on SEC News, Shapeshift news and Ethereum based funding. Know more in coinpedia

1 Like

Hey Kurte,

With China’s decision to ban ICOs, would you still invest $100k in Ethereum today?
My feeling is it’s still a good investment due to Ethereum’s extra functions over BitCoin (like smart contracts), but I don’t really know enough about it to gauge how unique or important that will be.

I’m also considering a 50k Bitcoin, 50k Ethereum investment, but would love to know your thoughts…

Thanks,
SB

Ethereum has other ways to derive value; not just ICO.
People are yet to use it as a Dapps platform, and thats the next greenfield

Ethereum maintains bullish bias
by Fawad Razaqzada

The technical outlook on Ethereum hasn’t changed much since our last update on it at the start of the month (see “Ethereum leads crypto upsurge as stocks slump” for more). As mentioned then, ETH/USD was showing relative strength among the major cryptos, which still remains the case. Although last week’s pullback saw Ethereum go below the $700 support level, it has now risen back above it and price never broke below the invalidation level of $627 to tilt the bias back to bearish. With Ethereum also back above the 200-day average, the bullish bias thus remains intact for the time being. We had also identified the area between $800 and $835, which was formerly support, as the next resistance zone.

https://www.forex.com/~/media/forex-image-import/180515-eth-large.png
Source: TradingView and FOREX.com UK*

As it turned out, this area did in fact turn into resistance. However, the resulting sell-off from this area has been mild thus far, pointing to modest profit-taking there. Going forward, the bulls will be hoping that it clears this $800-$835 resistance range in order to confirm that the buyers are well and truly in control again. If this happens to be the case then the next bullish objective would be the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level at $1016/7. Alternatively, if Ethereum goes back below the aforementioned $700 support level and holds below it for a while then this would increase the likelihood of a breakdown below that $627 level. In this potential scenario, Ethereum’s next stop could very well be around the next support at $535 or lower.

*Please note, this product is not available to US clients.

1 Like

There is no doubt that Ethereum is the most favourite Altcoin in the market. $100k is a large amount to invest. I hope that you have made a successful investment and those $100k grows exponentially. Did you ever consider about other Altcoins?

When you think of Bitcoin, think “digital money”. When you think Ethereum, think “smart contracts”. This is the easiest way to understand and remember the primary difference between Bitcoin and Ethereum! Smart contracts are a decentralized tool. In the Ethereum vs Bitcoin battle, Ethereum was the one who introduced smart contracts to the world. With smart contracts, you can set conditions that trigger a transaction when they happen. Bitcoin is limited to 21,000,000 coins. This creates supply and demand, which is healthy for a store of value. Ethereum, however, is not limited. The production of Ether is continuous. The supply of Ether will slow down a lot over time though.

I hope OP didn’t see his ETH holding since I can see it shooting to $10K very soon.

The Merge is something that people has been waiting for to fix these crazy gas fees and it’s great to see a US public company - $BTCS running a bunch of ETH validator nodes to help empower the engine.

I know right. Been hoping he’ll return here to give us an update :sweat_smile: