How do I get started in bitcoin

Hi everyone,

Im Max I’ve been looking at bitcoins for some time now and wanted to know who here is involved and where do I start.

Thanks in advanced!

Do you wish to trade bitcoin against USD as it is traded in forex or you want to buy it … ? Please specify the thought and we can go in the desired direction for sure. I have researched over it for quite sometime and now getting some good earning through mining them, trading them against other altcoins etc.

Do you wish to exchange bitcoin against USD as it is exchanged forex or you need to get it ? It would be ideal if you indicate the idea and we can go the coveted way without a doubt. I have looked into over it for at some point and now getting some great winning through mining them, exchanging them against different altcoins and so on.

I think its good to have some sort of holdings in bitcoin.

Easiest to buy off coinbase

Hi Max! Have you tried watching videos on YouTube? Videos by Andreas Antonopoulos and We The Cryptos has helped my a lot when I was just starting out with Bitcoin.

Peer to peer marketplaces are very friendly places for bitcoin beginners like paxful and local bitcoin.

Max’s post is from 2016 folks. If you click on his name, you can see when he last posted. Since there’s no posted time, he hasn’t posted since the new site design from last year or the year before.

But good early questions asked.

1. Do you want to mine? Probably not now.
  2. Do you want to buy with fiat and hold?
  3. Do you want to buy/sell against fiat or other cryptos?

I suggest to find an exchange in a reputable/regulated jurisdiction and start there their verification process to get money in, which you use to buy.

So I have been following bitcoin for some time.
It has gone down in value but I feel it will pick up. I don’t know how, but somehow bitcoin broke through the barrier and became mainstream before crashing down hard.

I did do a course on Quantra on crypto-currencies and I feel that as an asset class in itself, it could grow to become a market like Forex is right now. But that’s just an opinion, obviously Forex is way larger with a lot of participants but crypto-currencies are picking up too, right?

Do you think a good strategy would be to trade bitcoin for maybe Ethereum or Ripple, considering they are the (sort of) new kids on the block? Just a thought, what do you think?

I think a great place to start is just to have an initial holding of bitcoin.
Coinbase is probably the easiest place to buy bitcoin with you debit card

Coinbase or Binance Jersey I would suggest.

I think that’s like asking, should I buy gold or silver, or EURUSD or GBPUSD. It all depends on a multidude of factors.

Are you trading short term? Long term? Hodling? Which do you believe in more, volumes, etc. A Bitcoin ETF is definitely on the horizon. That can’t be said of the other two. What are the implications of that happening? What’s your risk profile like?

Lots of question to ask yourself. But as recent activity has shown, it’s still the wild wild west out there, with big, double digits swings happening in minutes and hours. You better be ready to face that.

Perhaps, if you’re truly wanting to get in, get a little of all three and rebalance as you see fit. There’s a thinking that the next “it” might not be any of the 3 you mentioned, and that the 3 could operate successfully along side the others (as they’re doing now).

There’s really no easy answer here.

Only one way to get started with bitcoin, buy some.

Just be clear with the basics first. Check the information available online, scroll down YouTube videos. I made a lot of use of Coinbase when I was a newbie in bitcoin.

Good day please. Please how can I link up my binary account though fiat eur/usd to trade bitcoin on binary forex please? Please & please

Good day please. Please how can I link up my binary account though fiat eur/usd to trade bitcoin on binary forex please? Joyce from Nigeria. I need your help please.

I’m imagining this is dependent on your broker or brokers. Who is your broker currently?

Good morning Sir. Please I just join this platform two days back and I’m a
newbie sir. Please I have not gotten any Broker yet. Please, help me out
Sir. Please & please. Thanks in anticipation

A lot of people are suggesting to use Coinbase and I too think that this is one of the best options for beginners. If you start working with major exchanges like Binance and hardware wallets it’s easy to get confused.

Bitcoin is the easiet way to invest and save money rather than taking your money to the bank save and with it been invested in bitcoin …it gives you more benefit amd rating in more and more times its been spend

Well, you should probably take most of your money to the bank because Bitcoin is unstable. Or invest in something that is more “for sure” and spend what you can loose on buying BTC and some other altcoins. Then your 90% of your profit will come from 10% of your investment :slight_smile: