FXCM Announcements

Wait you mean Jason isnt the all knowing when it comes to FXCM software. I am very disappointed :o

I was surprised too, Bob :o

In my defense, Simulation Mode is a fairly new feature on Trading Station Desktop.

Hi Jason, when I press the right arrow key on my keybord in simulation mode, all it does it scroll the chart window.

Hi Everyone,

I apologize but there has been some confusion on my part and on the part of our developers. I followed up with our developers again based on Grantx’s most recent feedback, and apparently they misunderstood what I meant when I told them of your request to skip candles. They thought you simply wanted to scroll left and right to view candles which have already been drawn.

To clarify, there currently is no way for you to skip entire candles before they have been drawn in Simulation Mode. The good news is that I have now clarified the details of your feature request for our developers and they are considering it for a future update to Trading Station Desktop.

[B]Attention All US Traders [/B]

This message is for US clients ONLY: NFA is temporarily increasing margin requirements on GBP pairs to 5% effective 5:00PM EST on Monday, November 7.

Hi Everyone,

To provide some additional background on my previous post, this ruling was issued last Friday by the NFA which regulates forex trading in the US. We were notified ourselves only that afternoon which is why I shared this information on the forum as soon as I could.

Below is the full text of the NFA notice:

[I][B]Notice I-16-25[/B]
November 04, 2016

[B]Immediate attention required – Financial Requirements Section 12 – Increase in required minimum security deposit for forex transactions[/B]

NFA Financial Requirements Section 12 requires FDMs to collect and maintain a minimum security deposit of 2% of the notional value of transactions in 10 listed major foreign currencies and 5% of the notional value of other transactions. Importantly, Section 12 also permits NFA’s Executive Committee to increase these requirements under extraordinary market conditions. Given the recent events involving the U.K. exiting the European Union (Brexit) the Executive Committee has determined to increase the minimum security deposits required to be collected and maintained by FDMs under Section 12 for currency pairs involving the [B]British pound to a minimum of 5%[/B]. This increase is effective as of [B]5 p.m. (CST) on November 7, 2016[/B] and remains in effect until further notice.

FDMs are also reminded that the Executive Committee raised the minimum security deposit required to be collected and maintained under Section 12 for currency pairs involving the Mexican peso to a minimum of 6% in January 2015. Given the recent volatility surrounding the Mexican peso, each FDM must ensure that it continues to adhere to this increased security deposit amount.

If you have any questions on these requirements, please contact Sarah Walsh, Associate Director, Compliance ([email protected] or 312-781-1202) or Shana Dunnigan, Manager, Compliance ([email protected] or 312-781-1379).[/I]

Please note there is a [B]holiday in the US on Thursday, November 24th for Thanksgiving[/B]. Forex trading hours remain unchanged, and you can see our holiday trading hours for CFD’s here: What are the CFD Holiday Hours?

[B]I will be out of the office until Monday, November 28th and will respond to your posts and private messages when I return.[/B]

For immediate assistance, you can contact our 24-hour live customer support.

To my fellow traders in the US celebrating Thanksgiving, I wish you happy one! :slight_smile:

[I]Attention US traders,[/I]

The NFA has sent Notice I-16-27 to US brokers requiring an increase in the margin requirements for certain currencies as well as the removal of the increased margin requirement for the Swiss franc that has been in place since 2015:

Below is the full text of the NFA notice:

[I][B]Notice I-16-27[/B]
November 28, 2016

[B]Immediate attention required – Financial Requirement Section 12 – Changes in required minimum security deposits for forex transactions

Increase in required minimum security deposits[/B]

Given the recent volatility in the currency markets, and the margin increases that CME and ICE have implemented with respect to foreign currency futures involving the Mexican peso, Japanese yen, and New Zealand dollar, the Executive Committee has determined to increase the minimum security deposits required to be collected and maintained by FDMs under NFA Financial Requirements Section 12 to the following:

[B][ul]
[li]Mexican peso – 8%
[/li][li]Japanese yen – 4%
[/li][li]New Zealand dollar – 3%[/ul][/B]
[/li]These increases become effective, for both new and existing positions, at [B]5 p.m. (CST) on December 5, 2016[/B] and remain in effect until further notice.

[B]Decrease in required minimum security deposits[/B]

Given the recent margin decreases that CME and ICE have implemented with respect to foreign currency futures involving the Swiss franc, the Executive Committee has also determined to reduce the minimum security deposit required for currency pairs involving the [B]Swiss franc to 3%[/B] (from the current 5% requirement imposed in January 2015). The decrease becomes effective at [B]5 p.m. (CST) on December 5, 2016[/B] and remains in effect until further notice.

If you have any questions on these requirements, please contact Sarah Walsh, Associate Director, Compliance ([email protected] or 312-781-1202) or Nicole Wahls, Manager, Compliance ([email protected] or 312-781-1886).[/I]

In order to comply with the NFA notice, FXCM US is raising margin requirements on MXN, JPY, and NZD pairs at approximately 5:00pm EST on Monday, December 5, 2016. FXCM US will also be decreasing margin requirements on CHF to 3% from the current 5% requirement imposed in January 2015.

Again, this NFA notice applies only to the US, so margin requirements for accounts with FXCM UK and FXCM Australia are not affected. We urge all clients to proceed cautiously as market moves may be large and unpredictable. Up-to-date margin requirements (per 1K lot) are displayed in the Simplified Dealing Rates window of Trading Station.

Remember that forex trading can result in losses that could exceed your deposited funds and therefore may not be suitable for everyone, so please ensure that you fully understand the high level of risk involved.

[B]I will be out of the office until Monday, December 19th and will respond to your posts and private messages when I return.[/B]

It’s that time of year again :slight_smile:

Normally, the forex market trades 24 hours a day, 5 days a week without interruption even for major holidays around the world, and FXCM provides live customer support 24 hours a day even on weekends and holidays.

However, Christmas and New Year’s are the two exceptions. Here is a link to [B]FXCM’s holiday hours for trading and customer support during these holidays[/B]: FXCM Holiday Hours – FXCM Support Portal

For everyone celebrating Christmas, I wish you a happy one! Happy New Year to all!

[B]I will be out of the office until Thursday, December 29th and will respond to your posts and private messages when I return.[/B]

Hello,

I like the simulation mode. There is an issue with the 4 hour chart…The 4 hour chart in the Simulation mode displays the candlestick bars in 0,4,8,12,16,20 blocks. The real account 4 hour chart displays the the candlestick bars in 1,5,9,13,17,21 time blocks. Is there a setting that can be changed for the Simulation mode 4 hour chart to display candlesticks in the same time blocks as that of the real account?

Candle stick patterns are different due to the difference in time blocks. Use of simulation mode to practice 4 hour strategies is a problem.

Welcome to the forum, Swingslide, and thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Our developers are currently investigating, and I will update you when I have more details from them.

[B]I will be out of the office until Monday, January 23rd and will respond to your posts and private messages when I return.[/B]

hi all friends
can u help me?
I want open simulation mode of FXCM

Since Jason is away until Mon, perhaps the following will help you get going over the weekend:

When you open your Trade Station you will get the Login window. Press “Cancel”. (Simulation mode can be used even during the weekend maintenance times).

Then go to the “System” menu on the toolbar

There you will find the “Simulation Mode”

Select “New”

Then the Simulation Mode parameters input box opens and you work through that selecting the parameters that you want to use. Finally press “Start”.

Once the simulation starts you can control the speed of the price movements using the slider:

Welcome to the forum, Etwanm!

I see Manxx posted information for you while I was out of the office. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks Manxx :57:

Below are the CFD holiday trading hours for Good Friday and Easter. Forex trading hours remain unchanged.

Please note all times are New York EST.