FxPro Quant - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FxPro Quant

Dear Supporter,

I Want to program an EA with a function: When a fast MA cross the slow MA in upward direction, AND some other conditions are fulfiled, the EA opens a long position, but only one. No other long positions will be opened (even when all the conditions are fulfiled again), UNTIL the fast MA cross the slow MA in upward direction AGAIN.

So (as I think) I need some kind of "true/false register", wich turns to false when the first position (in the direction) opened, AND remain false after the first position closed, until the MA's crosses again. Set condition is the opened position, re-set condition is the MA cross.

I try the true/false variable, but I can't connect separate set and re-set conditions.

Would You be so kind to tell me a solution fro the problem?

Many theanks, regards

Quote Originally Posted by herp View Post
    Dear Supporter,

I Want to program an EA with a function: When a fast MA cross the slow MA in upward direction, AND some other conditions are fulfiled, the EA opens a long position, but only one. No other long positions will be opened (even when all the conditions are fulfiled again), UNTIL the fast MA cross the slow MA in upward direction AGAIN.

So (as I think) I need some kind of "true/false register", wich turns to false when the first position (in the direction) opened, AND remain false after the first position closed, until the MA's crosses again. Set condition is the opened position, re-set condition is the MA cross.

I try the true/false variable, but I can't connect separate set and re-set conditions.

Would You be so kind to tell me a solution fro the problem?

Many theanks, regards
    Dear herp,

Usually strategies like this require using variables to store some values between ticks.
    However, in this particular case you can avoid it. Your strategy can be implemented with the following rules:

1. MA Fast [2] < MA Slow [2]
    2. MA Fast [1] >= MA Slow [1]
    3. New bar

In square brackets candle index is shown. 0 - means current candle, 1 - previous candle, etc.
    This way your position will be opened only when crossover happened on the first tick of the next candle. And new position will be opened only when Fast MA return below Slow and cross it upward again.

Kind regards,
    FxPro Team

Hi, sorry for the poor translation but I do not speak English well. I try to be brief. I want to know how to set limits on income and losses, apart from the "Stop Loss" and "Take Profit" established in the modules to buy and sell. That is, reach close operation when certain Pips gain or loss, a kind of Stop Loss and Take Profit hidden. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Torre777; 06-06-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torre777 View Post
    Hi, sorry for the poor translation but I do not speak English well. I try to be brief. I want to know how to set limits on income and losses, apart from the "Stop Loss" and "Take Profit" established in the modules to buy and sell. That is, reach close operation when certain Pips gain or loss, a kind of Stop Loss and Take Profit hidden. Thank you very much.

Dear Torre777,

You can do this using the 'Order Data' node. You need to set Parameter to 'Profit pips' and compare it to desired value. It should be as follows:

IF
    Order Data (Profit Pips) >= Target Profit in pips
    OR
    Order Data (Profit Pips) <= Max Loss in pips
    THEN
    Close Order

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	590 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	88803

Kind regards,
    FxPro Team

Thank you very much for the help

Hello guys, please advise with this:

I want strategy to open new trade only above the entry price of last opened short trade. Trades magic should be the same.

Lets say I have opened short trades at 1.050, 1.060, and 1.080. I want new short trade (with same magic) opened only at price above 1.080.

Please advise Iam struggling with this for days.

Name:	buy signal.png 
Views:	566 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	88825

This is how iam trying to do it - buy trade example

hi! how to make so that after closing the order did not open a new one in the same direction and waited for an opposite signal? and no matter how he is closed to stop or manually

Quote Originally Posted by mike111FXX View Post
    Hello guys, please advise with this:

I want strategy to open new trade only above the entry price of last opened short trade. Trades magic should be the same.

Lets say I have opened short trades at 1.050, 1.060, and 1.080. I want new short trade (with same magic) opened only at price above 1.080.

Please advise Iam struggling with this for days.

This is how iam trying to do it - buy trade example
    Dear mike111FXX,

You can do this by using the Number Variable node to store values between ticks.

See example on the screenshot below:

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	88894

Kind regards,
    FxPro Team

Quote Originally Posted by lexahs View Post
    hi! how to make so that after closing the order did not open a new one in the same direction and waited for an opposite signal? and no matter how he is closed to stop or manually
    Dear lexahs,

If you are using the same magic index for Buy and Sell positions, you can save the last open time for Buy and for Sell orders. You will have 3 possible situations:

1. Buy time > sell time => last position was Buy
    2. Buy time < sell time => last position was Sell
    3. Not one of the above => there was no trade

See example below:

Name:	123.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	88896

Kind regards,
    FxPro Team

Dear FxPro support

Thnak you for the answer ! I have been trying to implement it for days, but it is still not working. Here is the screenshot: Please let me know what is wrong Click image for larger version. 

Name:	order.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	89461

Forum Sponsors