FxPro Quant

Dear Members,

This thread will be dedicated to the FxPro Quant questions and answers, and I will be delighted to be of any help.

Kind Regards,

FxPro Team

3 Likes

The Reverse output feature seems to be gone. How can I reverse the output of any given strategy now?

1 Like

can you please explain how to make the ichimoku coud buy and sell no matter what cloud it is a or b up cloud or down cloud just buy if price close above cloud and sell if price close below the cloud thank you

Dear abanobb,

You can compare the close price with max of Span A and Span B if you want to detect whether it`s above the cloud. To detect if it’s below, compare with the minimum.

See implementation below:

Kind regards,
FxPro Team

Trading CFDs involves significant risk of loss.

can you please explain how to get the result of the last trade to build a progression system, i need to get if it was positive or negative, or the number of pips of the last trade. Thank you

Dear eagonzal,

Please be informed that this function is not available at the moment.

Kind regards,
FxPro Team
Trading CFDs involves significant risk of loss

Hi there.

First of all, amazing app for web. Its really easy to use.

Second: I have 3 questions:

1. I have to statements done that end up with a “compare” button. Now I want to say " if this 2 statements are true then…" So what I do, is add another “compare” button and join the 2 statements ending on “compare” button, but doesnt work What should I do?

2. I want to make a statement measuring the size of a candle in a period of time. Is it possible? I mean. put two buttons. One with the open value at 1h for example, and another that if it detects that its surpassed 50 pips after the open price, it triggers to a next event.

3. Why cant I see the “send email” on the “output” section?

Regards and thank you.

Dear Dcornelius,

Thank you for your feedback.

In regards to your questions:

1. You can combine two statements using the AND node.

2. To check the size of a candle you need to calculate it using the Arithmetic node and then compare it using the Compare node.

3. Email notifications are currently only available for the MT4 platform. Go to Menu -> Platforms, and select ‘MT4 platform’. You should then see a ‘Send mail’ node in the Output section.

Kind regards,
FxPro Team
Trading CFDs involves significant risk of loss

Dear FxPro,

I have been trying to build an MA crossover EA using FxPro Quant and have had some issues.

I would like the strategy to buy (or close a sell trade) when the 5 period ema crosses above the 8 period ema and sell (or close a buy trade) when the 5 period ema crosses below the 8 period ema. This trade should happen only at the close of a price bar (to avoid crossing and uncrossing of the emas); however on the system that I have programmed it opens or closes a trade at seemingly random points.

I have tried to program it; however it opens multiple positions one after the other. (I have if no orders set to True on both the Buy & Sell Side).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

Dear Sam,

Please ensure that the Buy and Sell nodes have different Magic Index numbers.
E.g. ‘Buy’ and ‘Close Buy Trade’ should have 1, ‘Sell’ and ‘Close Sell Trade’ should have 2.

Kind regards,
FxPro Team
Trading CFDs involves significant risk of loss.

Dear Supporter,

I Want to program an EA with a function: When a fast MA cross the slow MA in upward direction, AND some other conditions are fulfiled, the EA opens a long position, but only one. No other long positions will be opened (even when all the conditions are fulfiled again), UNTIL the fast MA cross the slow MA in upward direction AGAIN.

So (as I think) I need some kind of “true/false register”, wich turns to false when the first position (in the direction) opened, AND remain false after the first position closed, until the MA’s crosses again. Set condition is the opened position, re-set condition is the MA cross.

I try the true/false variable, but I can’t connect separate set and re-set conditions.

Would You be so kind to tell me a solution fro the problem?

Many theanks, regards

Dear herp,

Usually strategies like this require using variables to store some values between ticks.
However, in this particular case you can avoid it. Your strategy can be implemented with the following rules:

1. MA Fast [2] < MA Slow [2]
  2. MA Fast [1] >= MA Slow [1]
  3. New bar

In square brackets candle index is shown. 0 - means current candle, 1 - previous candle, etc.
This way your position will be opened only when crossover happened on the first tick of the next candle. And new position will be opened only when Fast MA return below Slow and cross it upward again.

Kind regards,
FxPro Team

1 Like

Hi, sorry for the poor translation but I do not speak English well. I try to be brief. I want to know how to set limits on income and losses, apart from the “Stop Loss” and “Take Profit” established in the modules to buy and sell. That is, reach close operation when certain Pips gain or loss, a kind of Stop Loss and Take Profit hidden. Thank you very much.

Dear Torre777,

You can do this using the ‘Order Data’ node. You need to set Parameter to ‘Profit pips’ and compare it to desired value. It should be as follows:

IF
Order Data (Profit Pips) >= Target Profit in pips
OR
Order Data (Profit Pips) <= Max Loss in pips
THEN
Close Order

Kind regards,
FxPro Team

Thank you very much for the help

Hello guys, please advise with this:

I want strategy to open new trade only above the entry price of last opened short trade. Trades magic should be the same.

Lets say I have opened short trades at 1.050, 1.060, and 1.080. I want new short trade (with same magic) opened only at price above 1.080.

Please advise Iam struggling with this for days.

This is how iam trying to do it - buy trade example

hi! how to make so that after closing the order did not open a new one in the same direction and waited for an opposite signal? and no matter how he is closed to stop or manually

Dear mike111FXX,

You can do this by using the Number Variable node to store values between ticks.

See example on the screenshot below:

Kind regards,
FxPro Team

Dear lexahs,

If you are using the same magic index for Buy and Sell positions, you can save the last open time for Buy and for Sell orders. You will have 3 possible situations:

1. Buy time > sell time => last position was Buy
  2. Buy time < sell time => last position was Sell
  3. Not one of the above => there was no trade

See example below:

Kind regards,
FxPro Team

Dear FxPro support

Thnak you for the answer ! I have been trying to implement it for days, but it is still not working. Here is the screenshot: Please let me know what is wrong