Suggestion for newbie accounts regarding posting links

I am not trying to SPAM, but I would really like to post to a topic and give a link to money.cnn.com news article. Before I can do that the system tells me I need to make 5 posts.

For the record this really sucks. Why not allow the post and if it gets flagged as SPAM then take action. I’m sure the readers here can spot SPAM when they see it, and I wouldn’t have to create these type of posts complaining about the policy.

If you are in the same boat as I am, please feel free to post your concerns here!

I have a suggestion regarding new accounts 5 post requirement before they can post links. Why not put the account on “probation” of some sort, allow them to posts links and if they are caught SPAMMING them terminate the account for good. It should be very easy to go back and remove all posts made by the spammer. Some moderator somewhere can get a message saying that a link needs to be verified for SPAM and if it’s not spam then all is good.

I have a post that I’d like to leave a link to a news article, but before I can do that I have to go around creating “filler” posts so that I can reach the 5 post minimum. There has to be a better way of handling this situation.

Hi AlchemyWorks,

Our community here at BabyPips.com has had its share of spammers and marketers flooding our threads. To battle this we have implemented this 5-post rule where a complete newbie will only be allowed to post links after 5 posts.

We understand that it is not your intention to spam our forums and that it’s a bit of an inconvenience but this feature we’ve implemented has greatly reduced spammers who bombard us with links and then leave.

It seems that you have already reached the required number though. So you’re all good to share links which, of course, should be informative and related to the topic.

I hope you understand. If you have any more questions, feel free to message us via <[email protected]>.

Hey Jess,
I think the rule is perfectly understandable and you should keep it as it is. It’s not a big deal to reach five posts. A newbie can simply help here and there or ask a question in some thread. If it keeps the spammers away it is definitely worth it :slight_smile:

agree with you!