Emails re old posting to unsubscribed threads - cannot get them to stop

I have many times emptied the subscription folder, but still the emails come referencing postings to any of the threads that I have posted to in the past.

I have tried unsubscribing from the individual threads via the link on the email, but of course since the folder is empty the link merely brings me to that empty folder.

In profile under Default Thread Subscription Mode tried selecting “do not subscribe”.

The other strange part is that the email notifications are referencing postings made about two weeks earlier, for example this morning I have received three emails regarding posts made back on August 28th.

I have had to create a separate junk folder for all these emails - any help on how to stop them would be gratefully received.

Hello peterma,

Thanks for the question. What do you see when you go to UserCP | Subscriptions?

1. Log into your BabyPips.com account
  2. From the Forums tab, find and click USERCP (user control panel)

If there’s anything listed on the right side of this page under “Subscribed threads” or “Subscribed forums”, you’ll still receive notifications.

This list includes all of your forum AND thread subscriptions. Please notice this distinction - You can have both FORUM and THREAD subscriptions, or just one of the two.

Forum subscriptions” will give you an update any time there is a change to ANY thread in a forum, like Newbie Island, whereas “thread subscriptions” will give you an update any time there is a change to a single thread only.

You can delete your THREAD subscription(s) from USERCP | List Subscriptions.
To delete THREAD SUBSCRIPTIONS:

1. From USERCP, click on “List Subscriptions
  2. Find the subscription(s) in question, and place a check mark in the check box located all the way to the right of that thread information
  3. Once checked, click on the button title “Selected Threads
  4. Select “Delete Subscription” from the menu that appears
  5. To confirm your selection, click “Go

You can delete your FORUM subscription(s) from within the specific forum itself.
To delete FORUM SUBSCRIPTIONS:

1. From USERCP, click on the link to that Forum from the “Subscribed Forums” list, such as “Newbie Island” or “Bugs and Suggestions”
  2. Once that forum appears, find the gray toolbar and the option for “Forum Tools”. The gray toolbar sits just below the forum name and description.
  3. Click on “Forum Tools” and then select “Unsubscribe from this forum”.
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 for any additional forum subscriptions that you’d like to delete.

Hope that helps you. Let me know!

__
Pipstradamus

Thanks Pipstradamus,

Yeah, have done the above a quite a few times, I then have the following screen, maybe the time lapse is relevant, I will keep a check, no new emails since this morning. After each post I will check the folder.

If problem persists I will post back.

Peter

That was yesterday, I have not posted since that time on any thread, therefore in theory I should not have received any email notifications - yet this morning received an email informing me that:

[I]Dear peterma,

ForExchange has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - COT Report Analysis - a thread on market sentiment - in the Fundamental-ville forum of BabyPips.com Forex Forum.
[/I]

The actual post that the email refers to was post number 3825, dated August 29.

The last post on that thread is number 3866, dated Sep 7, so I’m guessing that the time lag is a factor.

peterma,

Have you gone to that thread and checked the options under Thread Tools? What do you see when you try that?

Pipstradamus