Tags are blitzing my attempts to post new threads

Hello Pipstradamus,

Every time I try to post a new thread, the site injects “tags” that I have not designated, and do not want. Then it freezes, and tells me that I’m trying to add “too many tags” to my post. I have never designated “tags” in any post, and don’t intend to do so.

Here’s a screen-shot of the latest occurrence —

I have searched for some way to disable this foolishness, without success.

Please tell me how to fix the “tags” settings, so this won’t happen.

I’ve had exactly the same problem, on both the last two occasions I’ve started new threads (one a couple of days ago and one many weeks ago).

I found a way round it: after previewing my post, I then manually remove the tags automatically entered in the box and then click on “submit” without previewing again (which re-instates them).

It’s a strange problem, but this seems to work, anyway.

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing for months, and it’s a pain in the butt.

I always preview posts, and especially new threads, before hitting the [I]Submit[/I] button. And I do a lot of editing and rewriting. Each of those edits and rewrites requires scrubbing a long string of meaningless “tags” from that little box at the bottom.

And if I forget to scrub, I get that error message telling me that I have attempted to add too many tags.

C’mon, Babypips, disable this stupid tag thingy.

Ha, I can see how that is annoying. Let me look into this issue for you. Thanks for the feedback, Clint and lexys.

Pipstradamus

Thanks for having a look, and thanks for your reply.

second request

please