BabyPips Has Charts?!?

So I had about 15mins to kill at the end of my shift last night & thought I’d have a wee peruse of the BabyPips site on my work computer. I have the app on my phone & iPad & rely on that so it was my first time on the website in a long time; my not so important question, when did the “live rates” tab appear?

At work, I quite often load up Trading View on one of the computers & just leave it up on the screen while I do other things & just have a quickly spy at the chart in the passing. I’ll now be doing the same via the BabyPips site. How did I miss this? I didn’t see an email or anything because I’d have use it sooner which would obviously boost the site traffic in BP’s favour.

Hey baz1982,

Thanks for noticing! We just recently released the Rates tab/page and the Real-time Chartspage. We’ve had the TradingView homepage widget with real-time currency rates for a while now, but we just finished connecting them all. Click on any of the market quotes to change which currency pair appears in the chart. Click on a currency pair, in the blue, to be taken to a full, advanced, real-time chart page.

Same with the Rates page. Click on an item in the Currencies, Commodities or Indices tables, and you’ll be redirected to a full, advanced chart, real-time chart page for that item.

The chart options are pretty sweet. There are plenty of drawing and annotation tools, indicators and comparison options to play with. And you can even break away the chart into its own window. Nice! Did I mention you can save your charts or share them out? Bonus!

We’ve also linked the TradingView manual below the chart, and shared some information on paying for a pro subscription to get some other advanced charting features.

It’s great to know you’re finding some benefit with it. Once we’ve tuned everything to our liking, we’ll be sure to make some more announcements.

Thanks!

Pipstradamus

1 Like

…KUDOS, BABYPIPS!

It’s what the site was missing, you guys are one step closer to world domination.

I love those drawing tools on Trading View, it puts the other platforms that I’ve used to shame & it’ll be extremely handy to direct newbies towards. Like you mentioned, it’s great for saving trading ideas, attached is an old trade that panned out (it was a blind entry on a pending order with a safe stop). Now tell me that a newbie can’t look at that & understand the logic behind it?

There’s potential for a “Trade Idea” thread but it would need heavily labelled in regards to following set-ups at your own risk. Personally, I think seeing how other people lay out their charts quite intriguing. I think more chart art in a thread like that would allow people to look at other peoples charts & potentially think, “I understand that trading idea, the chart looks good, that’s maybe a trading style that I’d like to look in to”, whether it be pivots, Heiken-Ashi, Bollonger Bands etc. Realistically, it’s just a more amateur version of the Pippin Ain’t Easy blog.

Pippin’ Ain’t Easy - Forex Blog: The Life & Times of a Forex Trader. <–Link for the folk that haven’t seen the blog before.

Charts look great, now I will not have to log into my trading account as often. I see this is part of DAILYFX which is part of FXCM, which is fine as that is my trading platform. Now FXCM shuts there charts down for maintenance Friday evening until some time Saturday, is that also going to be the case with these charts or will we have them 24/7 including the weekends

Greetings Dennis3450,

Our charts are provided by TradingView, not DailyFX. DailyFX also uses TradingView, but on their own website.

I believe that baz1982 was merely referencing a chart image he made while on DailyFX.com (again, also using the Tradingview chart tools).

Hope that explains it. We don’t plan to take the chart and accompanying tools down unless there is a technical issue.

Thanks for the question!

Pipstradamus