Fibonacci extension

hi all,

I have spent the last 5 hours trying to set the right fibonacci extension levels as this is where I am planning on taking profit (assuming I enter in the right fib retracement).

I have failed at getting it right.

Does someone have an indicator for MT4 already done that they would be kind enough of share?

Please help!

Setting fib extensions is simple. Go to fib properties then select add. The 2 boxes that appear the first one is the fib level. Keep in mind if you are looking to add say the 200% level the value is 2 not 200.

The second box is for what you want to call the fib I.E. 200% or what ever you want to name it. this will be what apears the next time you drag out your fib

that’s what I thought, it’s not showing on the chart?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

make sure you got the values right 128 fib is 1.28 and so on if you have it as 128 it will show but is so far away it will not see it on the chart

yep, all done, still not showing. Please help!

Are you entering it into the right box. Should be the one on the right also after you add the fib you might have to check the box to display it. Can you take a screen shot when you add it so I can see whats going wrong

Everything looks good as far as I can tell. I see though you got a demo with FXCM. I would ask Jason Rodgers in the broker aid section. He will point you in the right direction. I can send a fib tool to you but would rather see you figure out how to do it for future purposes

Thank you.

I will do as you ask: I appreciate your support.

I am getting a little frustrated, and i am sorry to trouble you, could you send me the fib tool so I can break it down to see where I went wrong?

Hi,
Your screen shot is a little blurry for me to see exactly what you’ve got there so pls confirm…is the top red fib line your 100% level, and the bottom is 0%?

yes, and thank you

So I assume you zoomed out your chart to see the 128% level? :wink:

yes, absolutely

You could multiply the pip range between your 0
And 100% level by 1.28 to get your target in the mean time.

Yep- am doing that too, just hoping someone has the tool…

The tool that comes with MT4 should be fine and you shouldn’t need any other tool. I don’t have MT4 with me at work here, but are you looking for the 128% level to show beyond the 100% line? I think it shows up beyond the 0% level. So you checked beyond both levels and there’s nothing there?

Yep. Have tried zooming in etc and its not working. About to have a breakdown!

Well the good news is that Fibo’s aren’t very important lol :slight_smile:

Just wanted to experiment with profit taking levels

Try deleting the fib you drew, and draw a new one.