Fibonacci extension

yes, absolutely

You could multiply the pip range between your 0
And 100% level by 1.28 to get your target in the mean time.

Yep- am doing that too, just hoping someone has the tool…

The tool that comes with MT4 should be fine and you shouldn’t need any other tool. I don’t have MT4 with me at work here, but are you looking for the 128% level to show beyond the 100% line? I think it shows up beyond the 0% level. So you checked beyond both levels and there’s nothing there?

Yep. Have tried zooming in etc and its not working. About to have a breakdown!

Well the good news is that Fibo’s aren’t very important lol :slight_smile:

Just wanted to experiment with profit taking levels

Try deleting the fib you drew, and draw a new one.

If you want them to look like the above with extension plotted correctly with the retracements start with the extension levels at the top when editing the default values.
Levels 1.618 Des.161.8
1.28 128
1.00 100
0.618 38.2
0.5 50
0.382 61.8
0 100
Hope you get it…

Thank you. I will try this.

Why is your 0.618 against 38.2 and vice Versa and why have you got two separate sections?

For it to be plotted like how it is on the chart you have to put higher levels first.
“two seperate sections”?

Thats a good way of doing it too. I did the same idea but put a minus sign in front of the fib levels instead of inversing the %'s…ie instead of 1.28 I put -.28 and labelled it 128%. That’s what I meant about the extensions should be beyond the 0% not the 100%

:slight_smile:

thank you. I did as you suggested and no joy. Does anyone have the tool please???

If you add the numbers as I list them I dont see how you still having problems. Post an update of your screen shot with the Fibs attached.

Someone didnt talk to Jason Rodgers or with FXCM. If you use there mt4 I am sure they will walk you through it. Someone can hand you the tool but what good is that if you dont know how to use it

I understand that point and I agree.

I do know how to use the tool ( I want to take profit at the fib extensions based on fib entry levels).

I wouldn’t normally ask as I agree I want to be able to do it myself.

I have also asked Jason for help.

Try the levels that I post again and compress/zoom out your chart and you should see them. I use Fibonacci daily its a key part of my trading strategy and I’ve also used MT4 before so I’m positive what I post should/will work.

thank you. I don’t want to trouble you anymore. I am getting frustrated and down at this so I am going to google a tool as I know how it works (as I say I just want to use the extensions to take profit) but I can’t get it to work.

Thank you.

you should zoom out, not zoom in.

you do not need anyone to send you this tool because it is found in every MT4.

you should stay patient as you are new to using this, I surmise. have you tried the suggestions posted above? try discussing here each step you took as you draw the fib tool on your chart. it is very easy once you get the hang of it.