5,000 pip difference between brokers?!

Hey guys I’m quite new to forex, totally soaking up every bit of info i can find and only then applying that information to demo accounts on multiple forex brokers.

Now as i was doing that focusing simply on the USD/CAD currency i noticed today at sept 23rd at 23:00 GMT there was a HUGE fluctuation where the price of USD/CAD fell sharply from .9778 to .4795 ONLY in Varrengoldfx 's mt4 program for a minute but hardly anything in AAAfx’s mt4 program… wth was that? does that mean the broker is bad?

thankfully my trailing stop loss gave me a profit but i was upset cause it was to be a much bigger one. good thing it’s a demo.

I would also appreciate if someone can point me to a list of things i should look for in a good broker, so far i also notice the spreads are much tighter in AAAfx as well so im leaning more towards them combined with their low leverage requirement.

Yes that propably was an error from the brokers side, you should contact them and ask them about this. As for the brokers you are asking i have an account at AAAfx also , and i’ve opened it because of the zulutrade platform integration, are you yourself trading manualy?

what you can look for in a broker is : tight spreads (as you already mentioned), slippage with providers, commissions to use other services (lots traded, autotrading platforms, etc.) refund policy if it exists, licence and registrations, stuff like this…
fyi, i am using aaafx.

Latency and data quality are a couple other things to consider.

that was a bad print from your demo broker. it happens from time to time. they usually resolve it during the weekend or as soon as you report the incident.

are you refering to my post?

no, i was referring to nitecop.