Pulling fibs on a swing?

Hi All,

I’m developing a trade plan, heavily influenced by ict’s material. I’m a bit stuck on the method of pulling fib retracements…
On a potential up swing do I pull down from the last high and up from a low or vice versa? Thanks for any advice, peace and pips kaya

You pull the fibs in the direction of the swing.

[video=youtube_share;NVHfarvWMUE]YouTube

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

Cheers for the replies and link, I’m not using fibs at the moment I’m taking the ideas but are’nt measuring the swing, for two reasons, one oanda’s android app don’t have fib measurements on percentages but if they are standard then I can see the percent lines anyhow, and the other reason is I’m watching the videos on my phone and some of the finer details are lost in quality and screen space, so the fib pulling direction needed confirmation - thanks again btw - I was on the big swings on the USD/GBP last week but jumped off early due to job commitments and nerves has I’d taken some full 1% stop loss hits, I fell into wahhooo profits, my precious…all mine… most adhere my mindset to percentages only! lol… I watched the stop raiding (london close tactic - ict) again Thursday, the stop raid stuff opened my eyes and I’m pretty sure I saw / id a couple unfold towards the end of lastweek, last week, which I got onto… last week started with me trying to call the London open, nyork open and London close, looking at the rates and Asian range, I missed time some and missed others learnt a lot need to learn Judas swings now and how to fully fully read Asian swings… Anyway the account bottom lines from Monday went something like this, Wed 1% down, stop raid insights / London close tactics, and a change in the fact I have to fit my plan around my job at the moment I have slots where I can trade, led me to recover .6% by London close so I’m 0.4% down at the end of this week but again I’ve learnt lots, I feel I’m starting to feel the natural rythem of the market times, which is what I want to get onto first and foremost, can’t surf no waves without first watching the swell and counting the sets :slight_smile: happy daze happy pips all :slight_smile:

You should try incorporating them to your trading, along with the use of support and resistance.
If you have been using Support and resistance, fibs may or may not be of use to you though.

Hi, yeah, I’m big on s+r’s to be fair but I make my fair share of wrong calls and get raided, the retracement method appeals to me ad I can wait to see the s/r line works its thing before I step up, I bleeding hate getting raided! lol :slight_smile:

Maybe this is why? :wink:

Thanks for the link :slight_smile: its the next piece for me the Judas swing, I got my analysis correct, for both a bearish take off or a bull and set my horizontal lines last night using fibs, I missed the 8:30am gmt (gbp/usd) low (work commitments) but used the fib confirmed with s/r’s to pick up later entry point perfectly :slight_smile: I’m up about .7% on my account balance with no losing trades but one closed at - .7 pip as I sold the EUR by accident (!! lol…) looking for a counter trend trade at London close, again I missed the swing high, but used fibs to help confirm a later entry and picked up some pips on the way down. I’m happy to adapt what I’m learning around a very time constrained day because I can expend that knowledge when I have more dedicated time, thanks for the link again :slight_smile: peace and pips all :slight_smile: