Really simple question

Hi all,

http://www.babypips.com/images/2016/05/508x322xgrade2-inverted-hammer-shooting-star-example.png.pagespeed.ic.LF5ZlaZDxA.png

I have always thought that the point of previous bar’s closing would be the the point of the next bar’s opening. Then i chanced upon this shooting star setup which i got no idea how this would even happen.

With the 2 examples i found online, i would like to know how can the second bar’s opening not sync with the previous bar’s close? Because of this, i got a hard time trying to understand several types of candlestick pattern.

Hope someone would enlighten me.

Price can “gap” UP or down. Normally happens Sunday when the markets reopen after the weekend. It is sometimes assumed that a gap up or down is linked to strong buying or selling pressure in the direction of the gap, but it really depends on the context.

the pictures you posted are 30 years old.

like comparing a painted picture to a digital photography with 25 megapixels.

back then when those pictures were taken the markets were less digitalized and such gaps happend often nearly inbetween every session. they didnt mean anything back then (except they were between daily closes or weekend closes) and today you can ignore the very details of those picturees.just concentrate on the pattern leave out the gaps on the example pictures.

Hey Skylar Jerry here how’s Forex working for you? did you manage to crush it yet?

Yep I was gonna ask that too