Need help: Looking for a momentum (or similar) indicator to use as a filter

I think this is probably the best place to post this.

I’m hoping for some suggestions for a momentum filter (it’s to be applied to a basic renko strategy). I want an indicator to determine that a trend is likely to continue (albeit even a relatively small distance).

Perhaps I should use an angle based RSI indicator, perhaps some some sort of crossover momentum indicator, perhaps something else. I’m open to and appreciative of any suggestions people have, perhaps things which have been useful to others.

Obviously nothing will be close to entirely accurate but I’m looking for something which would be useful for my purposes.

Thanks.

I’m wondering whether a “high setting MACD” might help? Something like 20/40/15, the idea being that when the MACD line is above its signal line, [I][U]and[/U] the signal line itself is also above the midline[/I], the trend might be good for some continuity? (Histogram [I]not[/I] needed, for this purpose.)

Other than that, I can’t help. But whatever you try to use, it’s going to take a lot of research and testing, to try to “verify” it?

Hi Lexys, thanks for your suggestion. It’s not something I’ve tried before so I’ll be very interested in taking a look at it. (And rest assured, I’ll extensively test before considering it or anything else).

P.S. cool avatar