Backtesting tools

Hi guys,

I am pretty new into PA and want to test what I have learned on historic data. I was thinking about a tool that can load a chunk of historic data (for example, from 1.11.2015-23.04.2016) where I can slowly step forward loading new data and making a decision… and checking later if the decision was correct by stepping further. It’s all about practicing!

Does anything like this exist? Preferably online. Windows being the last resort (I am on mac).

Thanks in advance!

There’s software called “Forex Tester 3” which [I][U]may[/U][/I] be able to do what you want.

I bought “Forex Tester 2” a long time ago, found it very useful and helpful, and was very glad I’d bought it. Version 3 is much newer and probably even better.

I have no idea whether it’s Mac-compatible.

Anyway, I’m suggesting it because there’s a free demo version available, so you can try it without commitment and see what you think?

(Google will find it for you. For what it’s worth, my experience was that version 2 was very good value, and they were honest people to do business with. I think they also have a support forum for customers - they used to, anyway.)

Thanks! Got the Forex Tester 3 and am very happy thus far.