Naked Pics! of my charts :)

Hi guys and beautiful ladies!

I’m a forum newbie and a "newbie trader… joke :slight_smile: " and I would like to share some of my random naked charts and because I’m a big fan of naked charting and Price Action and since this is the PA section, I hope that I can find someone who trades the same.

First I have to say that I like to jump from normal candlesticks to Heikin Ashi and Line Chart. Order doesn’t matter and I really don’t have a favourite but I find myself using Line and HA most of the time. I use only one chart for everything but sometimes I do peek at higher TF when I’m in doubt of trend direction. Time frame of these charts are M1, M5, H1 and a Daily. The Oanda charts have blue for up and red for down (trade lines) but the Japanese chart it’s inverted so my trade lines and even the colour of my candles are inverted, red for UP and blue for down. Please don’t bother looking at the pips made or lost because they are laughable and I’m not sharing this for a pissing contest and I just want to know who uses the same concept.

I use lots of trendlines but most of my trades I just use invisible trendlines and invisible S/R because I just hate the clutter and often I trade correlating pairs so if one goes down, often other pairs follow or I burn… lol! I don’t use a specific technique and it’s all a mish-mash. I use the same thing for scalping to position trading but the only difference is when I scalp that sometimes I trade the bounce which can be over in a few seconds aiming for 3 to 10 pips. Yep 3 pips is 3 pips and I’m happy to take that :slight_smile: I don’t normally use the bounce for longer targets and just wait for the candles to close but if I see the opportunity of a bounce, I’ll will take it. That being said, I do trade reversals but am not a huge fan of it. Mostly I trade breakouts and micro trend breakouts going with the trend but I do trade reversals on a trend inside a trend but often I just chicken out and just go with the general trend. It’s just the trend inside the trend thingy… I also like to trade retracements and continuations too. I like to lock and relock and if things really go south I wont hesitate to hedge. It’s harder for scalping since price can jump so fast and with several trades open and sometimes can be overwhelming.

I’m not against using indicators because I did use them before and one of my favourite is Ichimoku. I also like TDI and the trusty 10 SMA. Sometime when I’m in doubt I add 10 SMA for added security and it really helps… but delete it as soon as it has served it’s purpose. I love the 10 in and 10 out concept but Heikin Ashi and my trend lines has that covered.

So this is how I use naked charting and PA, whats yours?

Here some pics of my naked bunnies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s some more :slight_smile:

Notice this ZAR/JPY chart. I entered where I should but the swap is just too big and it took time for price to reach the trade line. I think this is one reason why newbies should stay away from trading exotic pairs.

This is a live trade that I took this morning. ZAR/JPY, H1 chart (exotic pair). I totally forgot about the swap, haha! I placed my bet exactly at the green arrow, starts with minus 4 pips, now I’m -5.6 pips HAHAHA! This is why trading exotic pairs can be fun and a challenge. This is totally not newbie friendly but can be a fun pair to trade.

This is the same UP trade that I took the other day on ZAR/JPY, H1 chart. My calculation was messed up. I thought that price will be going up but instead it ranged then dropped. Based on my analysis, daily and weekly looks bullish so I blindly took the trade. Anyway this is the biggest reason why I don’t use SL because I want to give my analysis time to grow. If I have placed a stop, surely I’ll get burned. Usually stops are at areas where opposite momentum is working at it’s best, like a locomotive with faulty braking system and my mistake entry will surely hit it. Yes I have lost some but most often my calculation goes it’s way. The problem for me is holding power. Actually this trade is a gamble because I have a feeling that ZAR is losing momentum looking at the monthly chart. I’m just waiting for price to reach over my entry point then think again if I should hold the trade or just exit because this is really starting to bore me. If it wont reach my entry line, I will just put on my big boy pants and exit early losing just a few pips. Why i’m holding still is because I’m quite new to ZAR and I have a feeling that it doesn’t like to move much during the first few days of the week. I don’t know if I’m right but this is just my observation. The thing is when it moves, it moves like a rocket. Movement is very different from the majors and minors but is quite fun.

This trading style is quite scary especially for noobs and the waiting game is quite boring plus seeing the trade going south can be quite stressful and scary especially if price doesn’t recover.

I don’t want to show just winning trades because almost all wannabe gurus show only good trades. And calculation/explanation of charts on hindsight. In real live trading, things like this happens and I think that new traders should be prepared for something like this or making losing trades to winning trades, meaning that I’m very much ready to exit and maybe do a reverse trade but I’m still counting on my analysis that I should hold. By the way, this is not my only trade now but I really find this pair amusing. Maybe hard for noobs to understand but I hope some of you can learn something from this.

This is another “weird trade” that I just made and it’s ongoing.

First chart is M5 which is the main chart that I use. Second chart is D1. Usually I only use 1 chart for everything but since this pair is very much a “big question mark” for me that I have to look at other TF. I’m very new to trading this pair and it does act weird compared to the majors and minors. The general trend is Uptrend on Daily, Weekly and Monthly but the whole trend is a down trend. This is just a gut feeling that price may turn because of the pink trendline and price is about at area where it should lose upward momentum and turn. Actually this is a somewhat of a gamble because I’m going against the “now trend”. Looking at other sites analysis that all are saying that price should continue going up. Eventually it will go down but I just don’t know when. Many times I traded like this but for majors and minors and have never tried this on an exotic pair. It can be a breakout which I lose but if it goes down then maybe we can see some major pips.
Anyway, I hope all goes well.

PS: I had to exit this trade today because price didn’t drop. I lost some pips but nothing serious. At the start this trade was a bit of a gamble because I intentionally did a trade away from the trend just trying to test some of my theories which didn’t work on this pair.

Thanks for sharing lol

I am a noob but i find this informative. Thanks Ron