Which strategy to start with?

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.
There are so many forex strategies out there.
Just wondering if anyone would have any advice on which strategy to start off with first?

All your advice and comments would help.:slight_smile:

Check your private messages for a good one for beginners.

Iā€™ve found that as a newbie the easiest strategy to understand and have success with is Moving Averages.

Candle sticks.

Reel in the pipsā€¦ baby

Show me show me

Price action using only support/resistance and candlestick formations would be a nice place to start :slight_smile:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42378-forex-price-action.html

Cheers!

Show me show me

Done. Check your messages.

Hi Dudest,

I really like this link you sent.Really great information.
i will read through it.
Are you using it to trade?

I would test strategies out for yourself before you start losing yourself real money.

Look at a chart for hours on end every day.

Channel trade.

Use the Donchian, Turtle, or Smith methods. One of the most profitable systems ever. Has been working for decades, and requires very little screen time for its profit potential. Of all the systems I use it is the most profitable.

For Donchian rules I canā€™t help (donā€™t use them), but for Turtle rules get Curtis Faithā€™s ā€˜The way of the Turtleā€™ and for Smithā€™s rules get Courtney D. Smithā€™s ā€˜How to make a living trading Foreign Exchangeā€™.

Thanks dudest!
:slight_smile:

Can you sent to me too ā€¦ would like to learn also

Itā€™s one of my favourites too.

My trading style is ā€œFundamentally Driven, Technically Executed.ā€ I mainly use fundamentals to decide whether I should take a trade position. I do use technical indicators too to decide my levels of entry and exit.

If I enter a trade position for a trend setup, I use Exponential Moving Averages (EMA) to determine my entry and exit.

If I enter a trade position for a range setup, I use the Stochastic Oscillators to determine my entry and exit.

On top of that I take note of obvious support and resistance levels.

Itā€™s already been stated; but I would like to second Price Action. I had a difficult time making things work until I embraced that relatively simple approach. And, on the plus side, much of what you learn in it can be applied in other systems if you decide you want a moreā€¦ technical approach?.. I guess. Doesnā€™t seem like the right language really but ah well.

It is really important for us traders to wait for the right time.choosing a strategy is always an important decision to be taken at the beginning or at any point of your trading .A strategy goes according to the traders personality no matter how effective the strategy may be .if it does not work with the traders personality it will not profit your .Demo account are good source for checking the strategies and knowing the use of it.

Donā€™t forget to use your stop loss and take profit

It does not matter wich strategy you use, trading is a palm readin science, what works is to stay with winners as long as possible and with losers as short as possible. The rest is only opiate crap to justify the actions of some people.

will you send to me as well?

I am still only paper trading, and I donā€™t have consistent profits yet, so my system isnā€™t worth sharing, but Iā€™m definitely interested in what others have to say. Iā€™m also interested in whoā€™s having consistent profits.

I use a really simple RSI strategy. It seems to be working out for me so far so Iā€™m gonna stick to it. :slight_smile: