Candlesticks looking different. Help!

Hi guys,

Have a quick question to ask (please pardon me if this is a very elementary question!)

Somehow the candlesticks on my charts of MT4 with my broker seems different from those of other people’s. Can anyone tell me if there’s anything wrong with my settings? For example, I can’t seem to see the circled pinbar of someone else’s chart on my own chart. I’ve ticked OHLC but are there other settings I need to tweak? Both are GBPJPY Daily charts.

Thanks for the help!

The two brokers have different daily open and close times.

The data feeds for both charts are most likely from different liquidity pools (remember that spot forex is decentralized) or it could be a data error from one of the data feeds. Divergences like in your pic does happen, although it is rare. You can always contact your broker to verify trade prices during that time frame, which you might want to do if you feel it got you in/took you out of a trade unintentionally.

Ahhh I see, thank you Master Tang!

What would you guys think is the timeframe that is most followed? Most analysis and books I read are in line with the NY open but after some digging online there are many different views like how EST is the most followed etc. What are the views on this issue, especially for a price action trader where candlesticks can vary greatly between different platforms? Thanks!