AUD/USD Analysis

Hey everyone,

I wanted to know what others think about my AUD/USD “analysis”, because this is one of my first attempts
to analyse a currency pair.

So lets start.

AUD/USD Daily

AUD/USD - 0,9082

Daily Pivot Point/Resistance/Support

R3 0,9199

R2 0,9136

R1 0,9109

PP 0,9073

S1 0,9046

S2 0,901

S3 0,8947

So AUD/USD closed at 0,9082, breaking the 0,9050 resistance. So its going to test it or rather its
daily pivot point (PP) at 0,9073 as support.

AUD/USD H1

So i would go long at 0,9073, because i made use of the Currency Strenght or Weakness Ratio (CSOWR;
using Central Bank Interest Rate, GDP, CPI, Retail Sales, Employment and Trade Balance) showing that AUD
is stronger at the moment. Hence i assume more traders are willing to buy AUD. Furthermore we have an
uptrending market and i looked at the COT which conveys that net non-commercial positions are going to
shift causing a buy signal.

What do you think about my “analysis”? Any constructive criticism?

Okay, i made it and got + 83 Pips :slight_smile:

how do you construct the Currency Strenght or Weakness Ratio , I interested to learn :slight_smile:

Oh that’s very easy. You just average the values. For example Australia March 2013:

Central Bank Interest Rate 2.5
GDP 0.8
CPI 1.2
Retail Sales 1.2
Core Retail Sales 1.2
Employment 47.3
Trade Balance 1.433

CSOWR 7.948

I’ve just avereged the 7 values.
The COSWR is a tool to measure the fundamental strenght of a country/currency.
Compared to the previous month the COSWR was 3.47. Hence more traders are willing
to buy AUD :slight_smile: But that is assuming that the fundamental strength of the other currency
is weaker. I’ve found that method in a book but can’t remember the name. I will search
the book and tell you :slight_smile:

Great post, I have been following AUD for awhile. Plus with the effects of the TPP I’m in the belief that the AUD will continue to strengthen over the long term. Might be a good time for a very long trade.

Hey, i’m sry but i almost forget to Tell the Name of the Book. It’s “Making Money In Forex” by Ryan O’Keefe.