EUR/USD Price opening Gap on 8/24

As most newbies I am focusing on the EUR/USD and earlier this week there was a strange event. The price opened gapped over 250 pips! What does this mean! Since this gap I have not found any of the patterns I saw before the gap (that made me feel like I was learning!). Can anyone give me some insights as to:
1 - what does a gap of this size say about the market
2 - Does a gap mean the market structure has reversed and is now BULL even though the trend overall is BEAR?
3 - I use a 9 and 18 EMA and the lower average is now on top up to the hourly timeframe but still on the bottom on 4h, D and W.
if your trading focuses on these averages and they split on timeframes like this how do you handle it? Only go by the 3 higher timeframes or what?

Thanks in advance
Weblee

Where you seeing 250pips? :slight_smile:

According to FXCM, FRI D1 close was 3246, MON D1 open was 3198.
Gap was < 50P.

Before worrying about all those other things, I’d say there may be a little more homework to be done on basic price movements and calculations. I mean no offense by this.

Jake

I confused my pip win with the actual gap…correct only 50 pips …back to the topic of these gaps. Do you have any input on any of my questions?