Is this a good H1 chart setup or not?

Hello everyone

After losing nearly £1000 within 2 weeks on a live account by trading via 15m charts I decided to go on babypips and study a bit more and decided I want to create a new chart setup and this is what I have come up with

I will be trading this on a demo account for 2 months to see if it is profitable

The settings for his H1 chart is -

10 SMA - blue line
5 SMA - Green and red

Stochastic settings - 10,3,3
RSI - 9 Period

I learnt this from the 'the so easy its ridiculous system" from babypips
The way I will be trading on this if it’s an uptrend I will be going long if it is above 50 on the RSI and vice versa
I know about the cowabunga system but I want to try this out first

I just wanted to ask everyone’s advice on this and what they think of this chart?
I am fairly new to this, Thanks!

I’m slightly surprised that such a simple, straightforward, readily understandable and even well illustrated question has been on the board for over 6 weeks now without yet attracting a single response, in spite of having been viewed 340 times during that period.

(Possibly the long-term successful traders here are all considerably more tactful than I am, and less willing to stick their necks out and offer an answer of a kind you perhaps don’t want to read? :33: ).

My own guess is that what you describe above is (a) no more or less likely to make steady profits than the “Cowabunga System”, because it’s based on broadly the same methods, albeit on slightly different parameters, and (b) a little less likely to lose you money quickly than similar ideas traded from M15 (rather than H1) charts.

Everyone’s perspective about this style of trading is influenced by their own experiences and background, of course. My own predicate strongly against it, and I know no professional or even successful amateur traders who have achieved any long-term income or growth with this multi-indicator-based kind of approach. Sorry it’s not at all the answer you wanted/expected, but my own trading became consistently profitable only when I abandoned all these indicators and started learning about what’s now widely known in trading forums as “price action trading”.

But none of that actually matters very much.

What [B]matters[/B] is for you to appreciate that what you’ve explained above [I][U]isn’t[/U][/I] a “trading system”: it’s an “entry system”.

Trading is (in my opinion) about 60% money management, 30% psychology, 8% trade management (stop losses and exits), and 2% entries. And as a “background/foundation layer” to all that, it’s also arguably about 100% concerned with the concepts and practice of statistics and probability.

I suspect you’re looking at it mostly from the perspective of “entries”, really? :wink:

You have “indicator-based perceptions” and in my opinion you could potentially do yourself a huge favour by trying to overcome them and change all that.

[U]Book recommendations[/U]:
[I]Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom[/I] (Van K. Tharp) - especially this one
[I]Beyond Technical Analysis[/I] (Tushar S. Chande)
Understanding Price Action (Bob Volman)
Naked Forex: High-Probability Techniques for Trading Without Indicators (Alex Nekritin & Walter Peters)
[I]Daytrading[/I] (Joe Ross)
[I]A Mathematician Plays The Market[/I] (John Allen Paulos)
[I]Fooled By Randomness[/I] (Nassim Nicholas Taleb)
[I]Why People Believe Weird Things[/I] (Michael Shermer)

Good luck! :slight_smile: