Tomorrow we’ll have a beautiful, brand-new BabyPips.com Forums!

So how’s it going to look?

It’ll be really neat, pretty and organized.

You can now EASILY…

1. Respond to posts.

Quick and easy! There’s no need to open another page just to give your 2 pips. Need to quote someone? You can now do multiple quotes. Yes! You read it right. Multiple quotes on the same window, right underneath the very post you want to respond to! No need to scroll down to the very bottom of the page.

2. Access your Private Messages.

It’s now going to be on the top bar under Notifications.

3. Create, join and subscribe to Groups.

Y’all might want to check it out under the Community dropdown

4. Yes! Embed videos.

No makeover is complete without a new feature.

You spoke, we listened and now we’re delivering.

Yes boys and girls, we are talking about the highly requested ability to embed videos! You can now watch videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Hulu, Dailymotion, Google and Metacafe without having to open another window. Hallelujah! Just remember to keep it clean at all times of course!

Well, these are just a couple of things that I thought you should look out for. There are a whole lot of features in the new forums that you’ll soon discover. Any time you find them a bit confusing, or if you think you’ve spotted a bug, respond to this thread! You can also send me a PM or send an email via <[email protected]>.

The forum will be undergoing its final makeover stage tomorrow at 6AM-12PM EST. That should give us all enough time to reflect and take a quick break from the community! Better yet, sleep in and you won’t even notice the forum going down!

Cool!

You guys just made a great forum even better! I’ll certainly embed a video or two in future posts!

It may be just my aging eyes, after all I’m 30+ nowadays…

But, The new look is a bit white. It seems to me that the old color layout made the readability better, at least for me. Maybe it’s just a getting used to thing, but it’s worth checking if others feel the same way.

I think it would help if the lines that mark out the edges of the post space were a bit darker and maybe the post background itself could also be ever so slightly darker.

I agree, it’s not at all easy on the eye, certainly not an improvement on the previous version.

A couple of other observations.

1. I notice that the chart images in certain posts appear to be stretching across the page like they used to before you reduced the width parameters. Are you intending to restrict the sizing on this new version?
  2. The post date & time appears to be missing from individual submissions. Are you re-introducing this feature?

I too don’t really find it much to write home about…lol…sorry. There seems to be a lot of white space that makes it feel a bit disjointed. For starters, under the thread title is what seems like an unnecessary empty line before the thread start date and starter name. Over to the right is a big empty gap.

Also when I went to type in the search what I usually do to bring up my thread…“pips of glory”…it used to find and display it in the first 3 position on the list…now it doesn’t at all.

Was also hoping for more smilie emoticons…:frowning:

i not like this at all. too long reading of the posts will give to me a headach i think.
why to need change an alredy nice format?

if anything it encorage me to visit less not more.

to carlybonner. the date and the time of post is ther at where your title is. you can no see it becose the color of the title banner is too bright of the color.

the White and other colors don’t bother me. I do like the new tabs up top especially the What’s new tab. Does anyone ever use the ‘Groups’? I remember looking at those once… long time ago

Too much white!

I am having a bit of trouble uploading my chart examples! Anybody else having this problem?

I see this too much white space is getting attention. What color do you suggest we use? Some light shade of gray maybe? Light green? Or just put borders around it?

[I]*P.S. This multi-quote function is really easy to use! Looks nice too![/I]

That is true. I’ll see what I can do about this one.

Did a quick search on this one and it gave me about 10 pages worth of results. Have you tried doing this again? Maybe our engineers were tweaking something then? Let me know! :slight_smile:

Ha. Do you have specific ‘emotions’ you’re looking to have?

Okay I think my smart self was doing the searching using the main site’s search bar and not the forum’s. I did that and you are correct, it doesn’t provide accurate results. We’ll take a closer look at this issue.

This should have been fixed. Are you still seeing this? Maybe you can share with us a screenshot and a link?

Do you also have a screenshot for this one? :slight_smile:

What kind of problem? Can you give us more details?

Hawkmoon has already pointed out the problem.
The banner color is of a similar shade to the enclosed date, time & post count details, thus blanking out the information & making it virtually impossible to see.

I don’t see a preview post option either. Is it hidden someplace?

Greetings carlybonner,

Can you tell us what browser (and version) you’re using? We’ve done extensive testing in IE 8.x, Firefox 3.x and Chrome 9.x, but maybe we missed something. All browsers we’ve tested are displaying a dark green bar and white text. Thanks!

Also, the [B]Preview Post[/B] option is available if you click on the[B] Go Advanced[/B] button. We’ll discuss maybe including it with the other [B]Quick Reply[/B] options.

When I click on +Reply to Thread button at the bottom of the thread it only brings up the Quick Reply box to type in my message. Where is the normal message box where it has the options to manage atachments? Oh nevermind, I just realized I have to click on Advanced.

Greetings TalonD,

I was actually working on the same issue, as another member had mentioned it earlier. The “full” Reply to Thread window is there. Simply [B]double-click[/B] the +Reply to Thread button. A [B]single click[/B] will bring up the Quick Reply box. That should do it for you.

Pipstradamus
Support Oracle

I read somewhere that studies showed that black text on white background didn’t offer the best readability, the best combination was black text on yellow background, so I’ll suggest testing a very light yellow shade and make the borders a little darker.

There’s a lot of talk about the stark white background. Too much contrast and too bright maybe for some although it doesn’t really bother me.

If you are considering changing it though, I googled the subject and found this link that might be of interest…

Ergonomics - Your Eyes

or you could consult some graphic design artists or some feng shui guru? :wink: